Opening up

Song: Meet me in the hallway, Harry Styles

"Shit. How will we get in?" Harry asked, a new sense of panic bubbling in his stomach. He stepped up besides Louis and pulled at the chain, he hadn't expected it to magically break away, and it didn't.

"Fuck knows" Louis sighed, rubbing his forehead. "Could try climb it?" He suggested, though he knew it was a stupid idea considering who he was with.

"You think I can climb that without breaking my neck?" Harry scoffed, looking up at the tall gate. "I'm too clumsy for that shit" he said with a shake of his head, stepping away.

"True" Louis nodded, pausing to gather his thoughts. "Well we can't get caught, so there's no chance we're getting a teacher for help" he said as he pulled out his phone, "I guess I could see if Liam or Zayn could help"

"If we hadn't gotten the coat then-"

"Don't even start" Louis warned him with a glare, looking up from his phone for a moment as he pointed at Harry. "I'm stressed out as it is and I don't need you whining about who's fault this is. Just shut the fuck up and let me deal with it" he said sternly, tapping on his phone before he brought it up to his ear.

Harry rolled his eyes, "Put it on speaker at least. I want to know what's going on too" he said, and Louis groaned before doing as Harry asked, holding his phone out to the side.

"Louis? What's up mate. Harry still stuck in them cuffs?" Liam answered, and they could faintly hear Zayn laughing in the background.

"Not right now Liam, we've got a problem" Louis replied, looking up at Harry briefly before looking down at his phone again.

"What is it?" Liam asked, a slight hint of concern in his tone.

"We've been locked out of school, the gates are closed so we can't get in. Is there any way you and Zayn can come let us in?" He asked hopefully, biting at his nails whilst there was a silent pause.

"Well shit" Liam mumbled, and Louis couldn't quite make out what he was saying to Zayn, assuming he had covered the mic. "I don't think we can without a teacher. I mean, we'd need the key wouldn't we" he finally said.

Louis let out a deep breath and shuffled on his feet, trying to think of a solution. "Couldn't you just nick they key from them or something? Sneak out and unlock it for us?"

"And risk getting expelled? It was your choice to go out Tommo, we can't do that I'm sorry" Liam said with a heavy sigh. "If there was any way we could we would, you know. I just can't risk this though"

"I'd do it for you. Come on Li, please? We're stuck out here and it's freezing" Louis asked desperately.

"Of course you would, because you know if you get into trouble your father will come save the day. It's not the same for us. Especially Zayn, I won't let him risk it"