Trip to the land of Waves: Danger awaits

"Ohh, my cute little Tora. I was so worried. " Lady Shijimi tightened her hold on her poor cat.

" Gyahaha!! In your face, you stupid cat."

[Name] tugged onto Kakashi sleeve, their scratched face looking at him " Couldnt we just use Sara and tie her to a finishing rod then lure the cat in? She's a cat magnet... "

" Unless you want that to be your last day alive..."

" Now then for Team 7, your next duty... Hmmm... Babysitting an elder's grandson, shopping in the neighbouring village, and help with the potato digging. " the Hokage muttered as he looked through the D-rank missions.

" No! No! No, thank you!" Naruto stomped around, hands forming into 'X' and he shook his head stubbornly" I want to do, you know, a more incredible mission!! Find us a better one!! "

Despite the silence, the rest of the team silently nodded and agreed. [Name] grimaced as they weighted the options. Even though it's their first day they already had enough of D-rank missions.

Iruka slammed his hands on the desk
" You idiot!! You are just a rookie!! Everyone starts with the simple duties and work their way up!! "

" But! But! We keep getting the crappiest possible duties!!" Yelled Naruto.

" Be quiet you!!"

" Naruto!! It seems I have to explain to you what these duties are all about. Listen, every day the village receives numerous requests, from babysitting to assassination. Each request is written down on these lists... And divided into an A, B, C, D ranking on difficulty. The village is also divided based on skill. Starting with me to the Jo, Chu, and Ge-nins. The missions are then handed out by us at the top to ninjas based on their abilities and, if the duty is completed successfully... we receive payment from the client. You guys recently became Genin. D-rank missions are perfect for you. "

' One ear out the other..."

" Last night I had pork ramen, so miso sounds good for... " Naruto stood next to [Name] making dinner plans without a care in the world...Even Kakashi was interested.

" Hey!! Are you listening!!"

" Geez!! All you do is give lectures like that. But you know what?! I'm not the troublemaking brat you still think I am!!!" Naruto exclaimed as he crossed his arms, surprising both Iruka and with the Hokage " I'm going to get yelled at later. "

" Okay if you want it that much. " smiled the Hokage " I'll give you a C-rank mission. It's a protection mission of a certain individual. "

" Who?! Who?! A feudal lord?! A princess?! " Naruto began jumping with stars in his eyes, waiting for the mysterious individual to be revealed.

" Be patient, I'll introduce him. Hey, will you come in here?" Regardless if you're not a sensor time ninja you can still sense the smell of heavy alcohol.

" An old fart?"

"An old fart. " [Name ] nodded at Naruto as they gave Tazuna side glances.

" What's this? They're all a bunch of brats... Especially ... The shortest one with the stupid-looking face. Are you really a ninja?"

" Barely a minute in the room, and he's already picking a fight... Reminds me of someone.... " [Name] mumbled to Sakura.

" And to Naruto of all people...."

" Haha! Who's the shortest one with the stupid-looking face... " They all lined up. First was [Name] passing everyone by a mile, then Sasuke and Sakura and the last one was...

" I'll demolish you! " the former picked Naruto up with their free arm, hoisting him up high.

" You can't demolish the client Naruto. We are supposed to protect him." Kakashi tapped the top of his book against Naruto's head.