30

" You didn't camp out the whole night Infront of Sara sensei's house, didn't you?? Maybe i should've done that..." Sakura mumbled the last part to herself, blocking a punch from [Name] before sending one of her own.

" Nah, I wouldn't have survived. Lets say first come first serve. You should've seen me. I've been at it for the whole morning. If it wasn't for my magnificent talent, I would've spent the night here. "

" Gah! Really?! Figured... The training would be harder given thst its the final stage of the chunin exam. Nevermind!! Ill reach your level in no time."

" Ya spent nearly six hours trying to move a flame!! Dont get cocky!! " Sara yelled not to far away from the duo. [Name] could only roll their eyes.

" Whenever you managed to move a flame or not, Im not going to lose! " Sakura beamed with a determined smile.

'I doubt we'd even have a chance to fight... ' [Name] frowned " Do you jave a plan against your opponent? What was his name....?? Hayato???"

" Not yet, but it looks like his fighting style is close to mid range. During his battle he mainly used hand-to-hand combat. However he kept reaching and touching his hair a lot, almost as if he was unsure what to use. "

[Name] stood in thought, eyes shifting around " Im not sure..." They turned towards where Sara was and shouted " Can I ask you a question?"

"What!?" She shouted back.

" Can you come here?! We sound like we're almost deaf!!!"

Sara grumbled, getting up and going towards the duo " What now?"

"The Shakadere clans technique? What was it? I remember Shikamu mentioning something to do with hair..."

" Hell if i know. I know that pops technique involved his hair turning steel hard and standing up like a porcupine. Needle Jizo was inspired by his technique. There was also one that inspired Needle Hell and Hair Needle Senbon. Teres many more that were inspired from pops."

" Your father... Created all those jutsus?"

" Like i said inspired. They were most likely seen from him. Anyway, im not sure if the Shakadere clan's technique was really their hair or not... Someone might have the answer to that..." The last part was hushed as Sara's eyes narrowed towards [Name].

A light bulb lit up in [Name]'s head. They softly scoffed, eyes wide as a smile mede their way on their face " We do." [Name] let out a laugh.

Sakura glanced confusingly between the two " Alright, lets say that his hair can turn into a weapon... What should I do??"

Sara grasped chin " Honestly... If i was in your place i would set his hair on fire."

" What?!"

The conversation was cut short as a messenger bird landed on [Name]'s shoulder. The teen read the message attached to it before letting out a heavy sigh " I gotta go. " [Name] bid them goodbye, going down the hill as an idea came to their mind.

" Someone as well might have the answer to that..."

-

[Name] twirled the phone cord, anxiously waiting for the line to pick up. The teen frowned, already lost cout of how many times it rang.

" Unbelievable..." [Name] muttered, getting ready to place the handset on the dial when a static, hoarse voice answered.

" Hello?... How do you even work with this?"

" Ah! Hello! Its me [Name]! Remember me?"

The line stayed silent " Who?"

[Name] felt a part of themself die from the inside " [Name][Last name]. One of the genin you fought on Naruto bridge a year ago. The one who died and came back to life. "