New face and a few steps away from the truth

3rd pov

Naruto giggled evilly as he eyed the two past maximum filled wallets with the money he earned from the near by lottery . He was lucky to earn a free black wallet with his clans symbol on the back and on the front. Y/n could only stare at her friend with a worried look . Y/n felt quite sad for Gama-chan and Naruto's new wallet. They could explode at any moment.

Naruto grabbed the girl's hand and dragged her to a large two storel clothing shop . Y/n didn't expect him to enter this type of shop .   Naruto began to look at the various choices and styles of clothes . The boy sighed and turned to look at his companion. He observed the clothing article in the girls hands. It was a long orange cloak who had black wave and whirlpool outlines and on the back was the boys clan symbol " It seems you've taken an interest in the cloak " a feminine voice spoke next to him.

The boy jumped next to his now startled teammate. Y/n just watched her friend end his panic attack and glance at the cause of it .  On the wall was leaning a female red head with dark blue eyes .  She looked the same age as them with a  baby blue lose tank top , fingerless fishnet gloves that went up to her elbows along with a armless fishnet turtleneck under her tank top . She had dark gray shirts along knee high shinobi shoes . Her hair was tied up in a high ponytail with a blue ribbon and her ninja headband rested on her forehead and baby blue whirlpool earrings .

The anonymous female could only giggle  at the male " Sorry if I scared ya ! I'm Chinen , Chinen Uzumaki . I noticed your red hair and I couldn't hold back and greet a fellow clan member  plus you looked like you needed help !" Chinen smiled gently . The duo looked at her before Y/n  spoke up " Y/n L/n and Naruto Uzumaki . Its okay , but please don't sneak up on us unlike Momo "  Chinen perked up at the mention of Momos name . She grabbed Y/n's free hand " Wa! You actually know Momo-senpai !! " Naruto stares eye wide at the girl " Y-you know her ?" Chinen nodded her head rapidly " Yes! I'm her right hand woman  ! "  The genin stared at the girl with dot eyes  . The female retreared her hands and placed them on her hips " Alright !  I'll lend you a hand in your shopping and then we'll explore the village! "

" Really ?! Thanks ! You're the best , dattebayo !"
" Waa! Your catchphrase is similar to Kushina ! I didn't know she had a brother !" Naruto could only stare at the girl with confusion. 

Y/n pov

Chinen broke the short staring contest with Naruto and turned to look at the jumpsuit " Naruto , sweetie , I love you and all.... But how long have you been wearing this jumpsuit ?" Chinen slightly tugged on the jumpsuits sleeve . Naruto grinned " Two or three years , I think ! I didn't get a chance to look for clothing !"

Chinen and I could only mirror the same face Mitsuki and Shikadai made when Boruto showed them his drawing . I cleared my throat and with a worried look I placed my hand on his shoulder " I'm seriously starting to worry about you . You rarely do your laundry , clean your apartment and only eat ramen. You know , both mama Bruno and Sara wouldn't allow this " The boy looked confused " Mama Bruno , who's that ?" At first I was going to feel disappointed but then I remembered that JoJo characters don't live in this world . I may revive Bruno so he could take care of Naruto for me when I'm absent . While he is at it , he might adopt all of Konoha 12 or 13 since I'm here.

The red headed girl began to shake her head " Oh no ! No ! No ! Such disaster ! Let us go ! We must find you something comfortable ! Be the same outfit but your size or one size bigger "  She grabbed the boys hand  " The store is quite big so we have different options ! I'm sure you'll find one that will suit your taste !" I grabbed the girls shoulder " Let's not hurry .... Let's take it slow , shall we ?" Chinen sighed and nodded " I suppose you're right .... Well then let's settle this in a different way ! I , Uzumaki Chinen challenge you to a shopping battle. I presume Naruto knows the shadow clone jutsu . He is to create one and join us on this challenge . Now onto the challenge , we are to explore this area and find clothing that is  pleasing to Naruto. The area itself is filled with more than enough clothing shops. I shall take those on the right which leaves the left ones to you  . However we aren't allowed to buy simple one coloured clothes .  There won't be a budget so take as much as you like but we do have a timeline. This will be our meeting spot and we are to meet here in three hours . When this ends , the loser must treat the rest to food "

I smirked " Very well . If it's a challenge you want then it's a challenge you get ! Challenge accepted !" Naruto was in like confused Bakugou mode but still listened and created a second shadow clone . I took the real Naruto while Chinen  exited with the clone .

~ time skip ~

" Just it time ! " The red headed jumped Infront of us without the clone . She looked at Naruto with a slightly disappointed look "  There was indeed a slight problem " She turned to look at me " I personally don't know Naruto but by the fact that his clone didn't last longer than 3 minutes gives me a picture he isn't fully trained with the technique . "  Naruto had a slight frown " What do you mean ?" 

" I  believe you don't know this but shadow clone jutsu is ideal for spying. The experience or knowledge the clone gains during their experience will immediately transfer to the original after they disappear.  It can also be used for training . If you create a clone and train together with your doubleganger for an hour , then release the jutsu you get two hours of training in one hour by adding the hours of the clone . " The boy nodded as he wrote down the information on his little orange notepad .

I smiled softly "  Well then , let's seal the bags and eat then explore the place. I manage to buy some bentos "  Chinen nodded and handed over the bags while Naruto became gloomy because there was no ramen .

~ Time skip , again ~

" I-i can't be the only one who gets a bad feeling about walking down this street "   Naruto tightened his hold on my neck and began to shake .  Chinen had led us to an empty path which made us enter as she called it 'The ninja part of the town ' and I understand why . Unlike the other side , this one was filled with ninja equipment , blacksmith shops and blade shops . When we entered , Naruto began to shake and beg to not continue going . In the end , giving a piggyback ride was the only thing that came to my mind and it made Naruto stop .

" Don't be silly . I come here all the time . Plus they have super cool ninja equipment . So while we are here , might as well change your pouch along with getting new kunai and shuriken . " Chinen clasped her hands giggled softly " Oh ! Then we should head towards the Uzumaki compound ! " I nodded " That's right . We left a friend there to rest due to being knocked out by Momo . It's best to visit him and see his condition " 

I felt the girl grab my hand and enter a ninja shop. The place looked quite old but clean and lighten by a few lamps here and there. I noticed a lady in what appeared to be in her mid fourthies leaning on the front desk with eyes closed . She had spikey ash blonde hair that reminded me of Bakugou.  The most noticeable thing on her was the scar that went from her right cheek to above her right eyebrow . I could feel an irritated vibe coming from her . I turned towards the female Uzumaki whom she just silently giggled and brushed it off . She motioned a various kunai set neatly , from the biggest to the smallest . Above them , in a glass case were cerved kunai and flying thunder god kunai  placed .   Next to them were different blades such as katanas , tantos, kodaichi , uchigatana  etc .

" Pst , check this kunai out "  The girl pointed towards the weapon in the glass case .  The kunai was a bit longer than and ordinary one and looked more sharp . But the most that stood out were the wave and whirlpool carvings on it . I felt Naruto shift and saw him reach out to touch it " Oi ! What do you think you're doing ?" We immediately froze ' Yare Yare Daze , we are already in trouble . By the looks of it , it might be the lady I saw when we entered . And by the tone of her voice , she might be an easily irritated and short tempered'

" Ara ? Sugiyama-san ! It's been awhile ! How have you been?"  The older female snorted and crossed her arms " Yea , yea , whatever ... What do you want here ?" " 10 of these carved ones and 10 of the three headed ones. And some ordinary kunai and shuriken "    Naruto jumped from me and lunged at her , immediately wrapping his hands around Chinen and crying waterfall tears .

3rd pov

" Was it necessary to get all those stuff ?" Naruto poked the bags in the red heads arms . Chinen giggled softly " It's new ninja equipment . I noticed both of your equipment and weapons were low quality .  This place is unknown to the non-ninja citizens . Even if you're a ninja , you will have a hard time finding it . The place itself sells handmade weapons and outfits plus they're a bit expensive than normal , low quality ones . Now then , let's head to the Uzumaki compound!  "

___________________________________________________

God , I  feel exhausted. This is probably the chapter I hate the most and the lazy writing proves it and practically lost sleep just by erasing and rewriting everything .   There will be either one or two more chapters about  Uzushiogakure trip and then the final exams .