Chapter 1 page 4 - Meet Hussaini

"Come down, your babysitter's here!" Sabina shouts back from the bottom staircase of the attic.

"She can rot in hell!" the boy fires back, followed by series of Hot Wheels flown from the attic. Then, the tossing grows intense with a few more Lego bricks raining on us like missile fires. Impatient by her son's insolence, Sabina marches to the attic for him.

"If you continue to behave like this, I'm sending you to military school in Kabul. Do you want that?" Sabina's perky voice becomes stern.

Then, I heard the boy, Hussaini complaining, "You're always not at home. Why can't you stay home so I don't have to be with strangers?"

That kid has a point, though. He just needs his mom during his growing stage. What if Sabina misses his development and Hussaini no longer see her as an integral piece of his life?

"Darling, we've talk about this. I know this is hard for you but..." her voice trails off into a silent inaudible whisper, accompanied by Hussaini's whimper. Then her muffled voice grew louder and sprightly as before, "Don't you want to meet your new babysitter. She's pretty."

"Another babysitter?" he protests. "What happen to the one before?"

"She cannot make it," Sabina responds as she approaches the staircase of the attic. "Come on, I promise this one stays."

"That's what you said when we changed two nannies and a babysitter before," he retorts. "They can't stand me."

I gulp hard. I acknowledge that kids are known for being frank but having three caretakers to handle one child suggests he's difficult, let alone challenging as per Maia's claim. I guess, luxurious home compensates a stubborn kid.

Sabina climbs down the stairs and smiles at me while Hussaini follows from behind, landing his butt on the first landing of the stairs before pushes himself down to another. I study his face for the moment while he continues shifting from one stair to another until reaching at the bottom of the flight.

Hussaini's facial features differ slightly from his mom despite having similar eyelid fold like Sabina's. His appearance somewhat predominantly Caucasian with fair skin, dark ash blond streaks on his brunette head, dark grey eyes, pointy button nose twitching and cupid's bow lips purse in defiant. He seems tall, taller than average seven-year old Asians, most probably around 4ft 5. When he stands in front of me, his eye level is underneath my breasts.

I raise my hand to shake his, but he responds with a slap of an unenthusiastic high five and walks off, accepting his fate to spend another weekend with a stranger.

Like Chapter 1 so far? Don't forget to 

Photo source : <a href='https://www.freepik.com/free-photos-vectors/wood'>Wood vector created by vectorpocket - www.freepik.com