Chapter 27 page 1 - 3 Girls 1 Guy & CoSec Plc

2020

When Tun Mahathir outlined Vision 2020 during his reign as Malaysia's fourth Prime Minister back in the 90s, I perceived it as the dawn of advanced utopia with state-of-the-art technologies and modernised facilities or anything unimaginable. Unfortunately, it didn't turn out the way we predicted when the world is alarmed by an emerging novel coronavirus COVID-19 that slowly spreads across the globe.

It is said to infect many lives and causes great threat to global trade and international businesses. In a month the death toll increased tremendously that the government from most countries made preventive actions while most companies initiated work from home (WFH) policy to their staff. TWIB have been one of the earliest to execute WFH even when there are no ruling coming from the government to do so.

Saint has been a loving, protective husband no doubt, but I'm suffocated by his over possessive behaviour and clingy self that sometimes I need a breather away from him. And with WFH takes place, it gets harder for me to adjust. Because prior WFH, the only time I have for myself is when he goes to work, even if he bugged me every hour either via texts or calls to check up on me.

Despite having my movement restricted within Palmira Loft's compound, that wasn't enough to smother me. My 10 minutes' stroll around the so-called Hanging Gardens of Babylon last week became a nerve-wracking drama when I reached home and received his 15 missed calls, a scolding from him when I returned the call and another shelling when he got back.

Now that I'm still at the mercy of his constricted control to an extent that I'm not allowed to leave home to lest the exposure of the pandemic virus, I feel my mental state becomes suppressing and I fear it may affect my baby's growth as well.

When my activities are confined within these 4000 square feet of a home, binging on social media and subscribed video-on-demands becomes indispensable as my past times. I often divert my unbearable ennui to '3 girls 1 guy & CoSec Plc', a WhatsApp group chat consisting of my former CoSec teammates, from soliciting the latest development of Madam Norma's domestic inquiries (DI) to office gossip.

Today, '3 girls 1 guy & CoSec Plc' becomes an active tea spilling session when Hasanah updates us on Madam Norma's abrupt decision to tender resignation within 24 hours. As the conversation gets interesting, I descend my upper body backwards to the sofa lounge armrest while securing my protruding belly as though any wrong position could prompt the baby to pop out.

 As the conversation gets interesting, I descend my upper body backwards to the sofa lounge armrest while securing my protruding belly as though any wrong position could prompt the baby to pop out

Taking a few deep breaths, I resume chatting:

Me : So, she quit because she got busted during DI?

Hasanah : Yeah. Wan told us that Group Internal Auditors found out that her records at TWB International weren't that clean either. She used to forge some statutory documents there as well.

Fauzi : Serves her right! She never showed us empathy. I can never forget how she had the nerve to cancel my leave and made me stay back during my son's operation.

Kak Aisah : I agree with you, @Fauzi. Praise the Almighty. Remember how she made us all working in the dark until 8.00 pm when the entire building was blackout the whole day? Heartless!

@Hasanah When will the new Company Secretary step in?

Hasanah : Probably this Friday. Wan informs she holds a Sharia Law degree and from Malaysia Islamic Finance.

Me : How's the weather between CEO Office and CoSec like right now?

Fauzi : Sofia, you asked a question like T-Rex doesn't live with you.

Me : T-Rex never shares news about the office.

Hasanah : But you know T-Rex's the whistleblower to CCF, right?

Me : What??!

I chuck my Galaxy S9 phone angrily into the air and leap from the sofa lounger without minding the jolting sting in my body from the sudden movement. I storm out of the living hall with my heart fuming with rage. As much as I try to wind down to the news of Saint being the one who reported to the Companies Commission Federation about the CoSec's misconduct last year, I just can't.

Dad is right about him. I never thought I had been sleeping with an enemy who stole my source of sustenance, having me expelled from the house, took everything I gained. I trust him to the fullest, and he betrays me this way. How could he?

Like what you've read so far? Don't forget to ⭐

Photo source : (COVID-19 Map) World Economic Forum, (Pregnant lady) Tenor