Chapter 27 page 2 - Busted

I furiously hunt for him from room to room before reaching the study room and find him. I was too angry to make sense of my direction in this house.

I barge into the study room to find Saint too engrossed with his work behind his MacBook Pro.

"You did it, didn't you?!" I shrill at him. "You exposed us to CCF last year. It was your doing!"

Saint is taken aback by my sudden accusation, withdraws himself from his desk and casts a perplexed look at me. "Who wants to know?" he asks coldly.

"You fucking asshole!" I march him near and about to throw a few slaps on his face, but he fends me off. "Do you have any idea the shit I went through because of you?!"

"You think I wasn't there to see it?" Saint gets up and holds my both arms in defence. "At least you're in a better life than being miserable. Norma just lost her job, isn't that what you wanted?"

"You had this all planned, hadn't you? You took advantage of my situation so you can have me under your possession!" my voice trembles, tears glistening my eyes as I recoil myself from his grip.

"I already told you if I wanted something, I'll pay through the nose to get it," he admits.

"You don't own me!" I yell.

"Then leave! Find your own home where you think you can fit in," he threatens. "What I did is for your own good. And this is the thanks I get?"

"You think you are God?!" I cry. "You took everything from me–"

"And I replaced it with something better. Gosh, you're so ungrateful!" he roars and moves past me towards the door. "Where's your bloody phone?"

"What do you need my phone for?" I trail behind him, catching up on his fast pace. "Saint, don't you dare touch my phone!"

Saint ignores my yelling, takes a few long strides into the living hall, and retrieves my phone which had landed under the coffee table from the tossing. He scrolls through my group conversation and his face darkens.

"So, this is what you've been doing behind my back?" he glowers at me. "You still refer to me by T-Rex when you talk among your friends?"

"It's just a name that sticks. It means nothing," I defend.

"It means nothing?" he repeats. "Don't you have any respect for me as your husband?"

I disregard his irked remarks, trying to reach for my phone, but he holds my phone up high that I fail to reach its height. "Give me back my phone, you have no right to take it!"

"I have every right as your husband," he shoves me away. "In fact, I even have the right to cut off any communications between you and insignificant people. No more connections with anyone outside my consent. Crystal?"

"Saint, don't shut me out from everyone," I plead, chasing him around the living hall as he marches faster ahead of me, scrolling and typing furiously on my phone screen.

"Things are getting out of hand, who knows you'd probably gossip about me with someone else. Perhaps with a new boyfriend," he accuses.

He excludes me from '3 girls 1 guy & CoSec Plc' and everyone else, then takes control of my social media accounts just so that he can have me all to himself. He's becoming Naim.

My breath gets heavy at every pace during the chase, and my muscles sore gradually. Feeling the weight of my enormous belly pushing towards the gravity, my speed slows down by the heavy sack that I'm carrying.

As the chasing gets intense, the contraction follows suit, stronger than usual that I stop to nurse it. But the pain becomes too agonising for me to soothe it away, I groan loudly.

Saint stops to my groaning and turns to me in alarm. "Are you okay?"

I don't answer straight away. I give myself the time to suppress the agony that surpasses through my body. Grabbing my heavy saggy stomach with one hand while another clamping on the backrest of the sofa, I hold on to a severely painful contraction, feeling the urge to tear every tissue in my muscles just to find its source point and stop it from throbbing.

"The usual contraction," I suck my teeth to it when the throbbing dies down seconds later.

"You said that ten minutes ago," Saint says doubtfully.

"I'll be over soon," I assure him.

"How soon?" he asks.

"Very soon..."

Abruptly, comes another painful cramping, coupled with lower back pain that seems to be longer than the previous one. My groaning enduring the ineffable discomfort turns into a scream at some point which Saint rushes to me for support. I cling myself to him and grips both his arms tight so that my nails are embedded in his flesh.

"Okay, breathe," he grunts, withstanding the pain from my fingernails. "Remember the things we learned at Lamaze session."

I appreciate his intention to calm me down, but I don't think any technique can help me at this point. Even if it does, I won't remember any of it while I'm in this state.

He slowly places me onto the sofa lounge before rushes into our room, returning with a navy Tumi duffle bag and a couple of my tops and pants.

"Sayang, what are you doing?" I pant.

"We're going to the hospital," Saint answers, stashing my clothes into the bag and marches back into our room.

"But I'm not due until this Thursday!" I holler at him who's already in our room, grabbing my other essential items.

"We can't take chances," Saint exits the room with my toiletries, sanitary napkins, and towel before arranging them into the bag accordingly. Once he's done packing, he hoists the bag behind him and extended his hand out for me.

 Once he's done packing, he hoists the bag behind him and extended his hand out for me

Like the chapter so far? Don't forget to 

Photo source : Depositphotos