Chapter 10 page 1 - Second Cub

2007

My relationship with Dan lasted within a span of a year and half, I set the first benchmark of its duration for anyone to break that record. There's nothing about him that I don't hate, he's a wonderful person. He is the first guy I kissed and I had perfect, memorable kisses with him.

Apparently, all of our entanglements were rebuked by each other's ego for not being able to give in to sacrifices. I moved back to the city where I resume with my Bachelor's Degree in University iTM City Campus while Dan returns to his hometown in the southern part of Malaysia. We both couldn't bend to a long distance relationship, so our fond hearts dwindled into a feeling of detachment that we just drifted apart.

Naim came into the picture within a cooling period of three-months after my split with Dan. Our eyes met at the campus debating tournament and we both hit it off quickly. We have had several common backgrounds that bonded us; growing up in the city, carefree and liberated, we're each other's rebound and we both shared the same love for Muse, Paramore and 30 Seconds to Mars. But when he revealed his age of solid 20 years old, two years younger than me, it made my heart sink.

Despite his age, Naim had pushed his salacious boundaries beyond my innocence, something that Dan didn't do. This was unacceptable for me as I couldn't simply allow an experienced guy who mingles around loose women to own my heart. I'm a celibate and I want a man of an equal status to complements me.

But I gradually fell hard for Naim's Jacob Black's deep-set eyes, luscious smile, sharp cheekbone and jawline, his toned body, his tanned complexion. His charm has taken me into an unimaginable space, soaring high while his sweet amorous words lull me with much infatuation that I just couldn't get him out of the system. We were able to make love telepathically without fucking as he made me hit orgasm through words and tactile contact.

And when he serenaded me to 'Your Guardian Angel' by The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus with his Fender acoustic guitar in the middle of the foyer between Business School and Law School, spectated by students from both faculties, I melted. I accepted his proposal to make him mine and a cacophony of students' cheer emanated throughout the open space making me blush. I thought he could break the record Dan had previously marked. I was wrong.

       ⛈️🌧️☔🌦️

The heavy rain cascades through the tinted glass followed by crackling of lightning and thunder bolted from the sky as though representing the sorrow in my heart. My Chemical Romance's 'I Don't Love You' that resonates through his Blaupunkt audio system is unable to drown out my crying.

I look out the window from the passenger seat of Naim's black Nissan Skyline GT-R R34 with my puffy wet eyes. The visual of repetitive patterns of lamp posts that flank by the roadside, moving sideways swiftly like stop motion animation receded with fuzziness. This excessive crying really tired my vision that I reckon of going blind.

This break up is even more painful than before because of a one-sided decision. There's no room for redemption, he already had his mind made up. This ride doesn't serve the purpose for me to beg for revocation, it is meant to savour our last time together before parting our ways.

 This ride doesn't serve the purpose for me to beg for revocation, it is meant to savour our last time together before parting our ways

.