Chapter One.

Idara
*******
Two days till I go back to the hellhole I call a school. Don't get me wrong, I love my school but it's the bullies that cause the problems, I'm 5'3 so I'm not really tall, I go to one of the best schools around but I still get bullied.

This is not where my story begins but I'm too scared to tell that story to every one but I'll make sure I will, just not now, I'm still in the process of healing.

I'm in SS2. I'm really short for someone who's in that class, I know, it's not as if shortness is part of my family genes, it definitely isn't, but the fact still remains that I'm short.

I groaned as I sat straight on my comfortable bed, I was going to miss home, today being Thursday, I had a lot of work to do, my school uniforms had already been ironed and put in place.

I liked arranging my school belongings early enough so that I wouldn't have to delay, arriving early to school had always been helpful.

I would arrange my things and put them all in order before the other students start trooping in and my friends come to drag away.

My dad was one of the best lawyers in the State so he had more than enough money to send me and my siblings to one of the best and fanciest schools in our area; Tower of Ivory.

The school groomed children properly even though we were allowed to carry electronic devices and that also helped us with our studies; we could browse with our own devices and not have to wait till our fellow mates and even juniors to finish using the computers in the ICT lab before we do.

But this also had an added disadvantage, students would spend time on their phones all night until that led to the school authorities confiscating our phones at night but luckily for us this term, they had lifted the rule.

I was more than happy, I was elated.

💦💦💦

I decided to make my way out of bed before my brother did it for me, I checked the time, it boldly read 4:25AM, I had only thirty-five minutes to get myself ready for the day.

I put on my fuzzy flip-flops and made my way to my bathroom, having your own room is the best thing in life trust me, though the first day you might get a little afraid of sleeping alone in the dark, the joy that comes with it is heavenly.

Taking my toothbrush, I scrub out the dirt's stuck up in between my teeth and wash out the bad breath from last night's afang soup. I decided to take a warm bath today so as to calm down my nerves before I start the day.

Coming out from my bathroom, I open my wardrobe and pick out a simple grey tee-shirt and black jeans. Unlike some Ibibio parents who only let their girl child wear shorts or trousers at night to sleep or only at home, or not at all for the matter, my parents let me and my sisters wear trousers at any time come rain or come sun.

I tie my long natural hair into a small bun at the top of my hair to avoid disturbance when cooking. I rub some lotion unto my chocolate coloured skin and put on some undergarments along with my clothes then my flip flops before carrying my phone and sliding down the stairs.

From the clock in the kitchen, it's showing the time as 4:50, ten more minutes before Daddy comes down, I go straight to the kitchen to heat the water Mom would use to make Daddy's morning tea.

Since it's Thursday, we would all have boiled plaintain and stew in the morning, being a family of five, with my Mom and Dad making it seven, Mom decided that we would have a food menu prepared so that what we eat at home would be ordered and balanced.