Chapter Twenty-Two.

Idara
*******
Time Skip...

After breakfast, I walked to class. I would have preferred walking with my friends but right now, I needed time to think.

They were far behind me and wanted to get to class before devotion, I don't want to be late.

As I was walking, Chika and her minions came and blocked my path.

What does she want now??

“Please excuse me but I really need to get to class.” I said in my sweetest voice hoping she'll leave me alone but she still stood there.

“And why do you think I'll excuse you?”

She really wants to pick a fight with me here? So pathetic.

“Because you also need to get to class.” I didn't mean for it to come out as harsh as it did, but it still came out harsh.

“Why did you speak to me in that manner??” Her blood was boiling...just perfect, I'm in for it.

“It was a mistake.”

“Mistake?, what sort of mistake is that, don't let me touch you, if I do, you'll regret it.”

“And that's why I'm saying sorry, could you please just let me pass?”

“This isn't over, I'll see you in the hostel,” she turned to her minions/friends, “Lets go girls.”

They walked away, leaving me under the stares of many who had stopped to hear our conversation.

I quickened my pace and made it to the block, climbing the stairs to my class.

When I reached my class, I plopped down on my seat, checking the time, I still had some minutes before devotion and I decided to calm myself down.

Resting my head on my hands, head bent low, I closed my eyes.

Secondary school can be hell and it can also be heaven. But for me, I have a different perspective entirely.

It's a place where one's innocence, dreams, ambitions, respect, self-esteem die.

It's full of different dramas and fights every single day. It's where most girls think of nothing but how to make themselves look beautiful so that one nonesense boy will start doing ajebutter crushing only to break your heart when he sees another girl who is much finer, more pretty and more curvy than you.

It is where every teenager wants to rush and grow up so that they can experience University life without even fully living secondary school life. It is there where most girls realise that their innocence is much more important and valuable than anything other thing they could get from a boy.

It's where you get knocked down more times than you can count and getting back up again till the point where you start questioning yourself and trying to decide whether to stay back down or continue rising from your defeats.

It's where you face disappointments from studies and still decide to strive on. It's that same place where you hear so many lies that you don't know exactly what to do or feel. You're friends betray you and stab you in the back continuously but you still have the power to decide whether to forgive or not.

You she'd many years, both good and bad, give out fake smiles. You became hurt yet still try.

Years spent in secondary school are supposed to be happy years, one that will give us a great memory to look back to but for me, I don't think it will...right now, I actually feel like I shouldn't go to school anymore, but I can't do that to my parents, not now that I'm almost done with this race, I have to strive hard, no matter the cost.

All the challenges I've faced in this school, right from my junior days, they are just ways to help me grow better. Have that experience so that I'll face the outer world better. It's a way of preparing me for what is yet to come... University.

When I heard the bell, I picked up my Bible and Church Hymnary and made my way to the Chapel.

After Chapel, we all walked down to our different classes on our class lines.

I had first period English and I didn't want to be late or else I would have to stand for a good five minutes outside.

The thing about our English teacher, Ms. Stella, was that she does not, I mean does not, condone any form of tardiness. She likes to being punctual and if on any occasion you arrive late to her class, let me assure you that you won't hear the end of it.

That woman can give punishment for Africa, as if it was her, she wouldn't even be able to do what she asked us to do.

Surprisingly when I got to class, she wasn't there waiting for us. Usually, she would be in the class before any of us arrived but she isn't here.

Sometimes I swear that woman runs faster than a cheetah.

The class was filled up, waiting patiently for Ms. Stella to arrive and give us a very long excuse concerning her tardiness but she never showed up.

Ten minutes into the period, our Literature teacher, Mr. Bale came and told us that Ms. Stella is on a sick leave for the rest of this week and she won't be able to teach is, so he would be representing her for the time being, until she returns.

I was even happy that it was Mr. Bale, God knows I cannot survive when Ms. Stella is teaching but I still manage to pass her tests and exams.

That woman na correct case.

She go come class dey speak from her nose, she go just dey sound like bird, in fact, it will be as if horse dey make noise.

That woman's voice use to give me headache, I swear.

Mr. Bale excused himself saying that he forgot the lesson note in his office so he went to get it.

Immediately after he left the class, people started singing and rejoicing that Ms. Stella wasn't going to make it to school.

Una don see? No be only me wey no like that woman.(Have you people seen? I'm not the only one who does not like that woman).

John called me but I refused to answer him, at least he should know better than to talk about this situation in class.

“John, I'll talk to you after class or during break abeg.”

Before he could respond, Mr. Bale came back in and the class hushed down.

The lesson began and everyone turned to pay attention.

💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖
Yello😊
How'd you guys like this chapter?

500 views guys
Me is happy.
Thank you for your constant support.
May you all be blessed.