Chapter Thirty.

The midterm break went as fast as water running from a nap and before I knew it we were back in school, subsequently preparing for the term's exams.

John and I had become friends again and he even apologized to Ahmed for his rude behavior. Luke too, he had forgiven him and so did my girls, if I should tell you how angry they were at him, you wouldn't even believe that they were the same people who introduced me to him.

He started sitting at our dinning table too. Everything seemed to be going perfect. Chika hadn't even been on my case for the past weeks now, I guess she finally lacked what to accuse and torment me about.

But, I still occasionally had the nightmares, but not as intense.

Right now, we are in the week before the term's exams, I've been reading so hard that I think my head will fall off my next because of the amount of things that have been stored in it.

Like my normal reading schedule, I barely have time to talk to anyone. Prep has been strictly supervised so anyone who misses them will be severely punished.

Kate became my study partner, though she didn't concentrate most of the time... I swear Faith is starting to rub off on her. Nowadays all she cares about is her phone, when the exams are just around the corner.

I always waited for exams week and most of you already know why...no classes, no assignments, free for some strict teachers wraths', in all, exams week is like the coolest week in school, that is, for those who don't owe a teacher and for those who do, na wahala dem just enter. Luckily for me, I'm someone who doesn't, I'm sure you guys know that already.

Exams week was here and I couldn't be more happier, we had English today, our oversabi English teacher was already parading the block, looking for those that were owing her to threaten them to submit or she'd not permit them into the exam hall, as if she was even the invigilator, this woman sef enn.

Wat, did I even tell you what our diction teacher was doing...madam ajebutter.

She was cat walking in SS3 block, guy, the thing is funny forget, the thing is that the woman sef no get nyash, but the little see have she no gree make the thing grow.

Like, if you see the skirt she's wearing, your mind will go places, wait ooo, not like that, the skirt is so tight, showing off the hips, no lemme say bones rather, that she managed to have.

The way she's even walking makes it look as though she wants to go to the toilet rather than swaying her invisible hips.

See me, see the book I wanted to revise, I'm now staying to talk about my teachers, may God help me.

Ten minutes did not even reach, the bell for exams was ring, and yes, I know what you're thinking, they ring bells for exams in your school?, Well yes, they do.

Carrying my pen set, a long ruler and my school ID card, I make my way with the rest of my classmates to our designated exams hall.

Our English teacher was already at the door, her record book in hand and a cane by the massive entrance...this woman ennn.

Thank God I'm not owing her, I'm not ready for cane this hot Monday morning.

“Good morning Ma.” I greeted her when it came to my turn to enter the hall.

“Morning Idara, I know you aren't owing me so you can go in, you've always been a good girl.”

“Thank you Ma.”

“You are welcome dear, I wish you success.”

“Thank you Ma, I'll go in now.”

As I walked into the hall, I tried to spot my locker and that's when I saw Kate waving me over....oh, thank God.

I walked to her, “Kate, have you seen my locker?”

“Yes, it's the one behind me, I asked John to move it beside me yesterday.”

Why would she move my locker, anyways, I didn't even feel like sitting in front again.

“Okay.”

Just then, our English teacher shouted, “Settle down in your seats, your first paper will be here in ten minutes.”

The hall became rowdy as people who brought their bags and notes tried to drop them outside through the windows.

My typical classmates.

English exams was so simple, that's if you read, majority of my mates were saying the same thing, I have a feeling that that woman wanted to spare us this term, I better start preparing for next term's exams... I know it's going to be harder.

We had Literature and Economics tomorrow so we art students already began reading like mad...Abeg, who wants to fail Literature, nobody, before Mr. Odudu will have our heads on a platter.

I was in class, reading my literature note when John walked in. He smiled at me and I returned his smile.

He say in the locker in front of me and from there, I knew that I won't be able to read even if I tried.

“Idara.”

“John?”

“How was English exams?”

“Darr, that exams was sweet.”

“Sweet?”

“Yes na, you did not see how simple it was?”

“I did, don't worry, I'm going to pass you in the exams.”

“Uncle, keep dreaming.”

“But I'm awake.”

That's how I spent the rest of my afternoon talking to John, we walked together to the dining hall for lunch, he held my bag for me, even though I told him that I would do it.

He made me laugh so much. At the table, he wouldn't hesitate to crack a joke, he made every one laugh, including Ahmed and my brother. Honestly, I thought those two didn't like him.

But there was one time I caught Ahmed frowning and his face looked worried.. I wonder what's up with him.

💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖
1000 words on the dot.

I know, I took a lot of time writing this particular chapter. Believe me I wanted to complete it but I was just stuck.

So what do you think of Ahmed's behavior?

What's going on in his head?

Thoughts?

Don't forget to vote, comment and share, it's highly appreciated.

Ohh.... before I forget, this book made it to #1 in cultures...I'm so happy, thanks guys.