Chapter Thirty-Four.

Ahmed
********
Over the few days, I've noticed that Idara has been avoiding me and Luke even said that she won't talk to anyone.

This is all so strange.

I mean the first week of exams, everything was going smoothly, she would take and we'd play and laugh all day, well, all these things changed after that day she was with John.

What if he said something to her?.. no, it's not possible, I mean, that boy couldn't even hurt a fly if he tried to.

I need to find a way to get her to speak, anyway.

She walks like a zombie nowadays and her whole posture is so stiff, you'd think she'd break if she fell.

It's as if something's bothering her...or someone.

“Hi Ahmed.”

Chika, what is this one doing here?

She ran her long fingernails down my arm...chinsos, that thing can kill forget it.

How does the school authorities not see this and tell her to trim it down.

I shoke my arm, causing her to drop hers in the process.

“What do you want Chika?”

“Can't I greet my fellow classmate again.”

Greet?

Greet my foot, abegi, she should just walk and pass.

“Greet me? You? Chika I know you don't talk to people without an ultirior motive, so tell me, what is it?”

“Nothing really.”

Hmmm...

“Oya, if you have finished greeting, go na, I don't have any business with you and you can see I was doing something important before you called me.”

She still stood there, her smile becoming wider.

“Chika?”

“Hmm?”

Is this girl deaf?

“You can go na.”

She looked like someone who just recovered from a trance.

“Sure...umm, okay, see you around Med.”

She walked away.

Wait ooo, what did she call me?

Med?, I resemble doctor for her eye?

She come dey daydream for my front... abeg.

And when did we reach the nickname terms, last time I checked she wasn't even a friend of mine, just a mere acquaintance. I don't even think I had said anything to her before, unless we were paired up for a project, which is rare because I usually get paired with Luke.

*

Exams would come to an end soon and I haven't had any chance to talk to Idara.

I would have to do it today, because I might not stay in school after the exams, my dad's family would be coming to visit so I'd have to be home to welcome them with the rest of the family.

I only have Technical Drawing today so that was a major plus for me. I'd have enough time after the exams to talk to her and figure this whole thing out.

*

Coming out of the SS3 exams hall, I made a beeline for my class, walking as fast as my legs could carry me, I didn't even notice that I was about to hit someone.

It was John...thank God, I could ask him if he'd seen Idy.

“John?”

He turned swiftly, “Yes, Senior Ahmed.”

“Please call me Ahmed.”

“Okay Ahmed.”

“Have you perpharps seen Idara?”

“I think she's still in the exams hall or maybe in class, I'm not really sure.”

“Okay, thanks.”

“No problem.”

I went to her class first, she wasn't there and neither was Kate. Then I went and stood by her exams hall, waiting for her to come out.

Fifteen minutes later, all the students came out of the hall, I saw her figure walk down the hall, I followed her quietly.

I didn't want her to see me and then run away from me again.

She walked into her class to pack her books, I think they only had two papers left to write.

Her class was noisy if not I would have talked to her there but I wanted to talk to her in a place that was more quiet and secluded.

She was walking towards the girls hostel, I won't be able to talk to her if she goes in there.

And I'm not with my phone.

I increased my pace and met up with her and then I caught her wrist before she could go any further.

I turned her to me.

“Leave me alo --- Ahmed?”

“I need to talk to you, now.”

💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖
I was supposed to update earlier but something came at home.

So what do you think about Idara's attitude?

Do you think that she's made a mistake by ignoring everyone?
I really respect Ahmed, at least he's making an effort to talk to her.

But is he ready for what's about to come crashing down?

Keep this in your library for more updates from me.

Continue voting, commenting and sharing, it's meant a lot.

Till my next update,
Love y'all.