Chapter Twelve.

Ahmed
********
After that horrifying and life scarring dream I had yesterday, I didn't have the courage to get up from my bed and do anything. Luka and Joshua had to force me to get out of bed and take my bath this morning.

Immediately after that, I landed my butt back in bed...I felt shaken, my parents phoned me earlier this morning to ask how I was, I hid all the emotions I felt from last night and picked up the call.

They sounded happy and cheery unlike my shocked self.

I couldn't get the image of her dead body out of my head, although it was surreal, I had a deep gut feeling that it would come to life.

Luke brought my breakfast for me but I couldn't bring myself to eat.

Me wey like food like this enn, I see food I no fit chop (I love food very much but when I saw food in front of me, I couldn't eat).

I just look the food as if...

I can't even explain self.

Today being Sunday, most of the other students would be expected to come back today but the thing be say some people en, they don't stay for house till the spirit of going to school no dey for their body again.

Some other students would be in the school chapel if they weren't tired, while most people would be sleeping or like my idiot best friends... tapping away on their phones.

Since I couldn't eat my pap and akara (beans cake), my friends gave it out to the juniors who wanted them.

I just stayed in bed, staring into the ceiling, thinking until my back began to ache.

Placing my feet in my slippers, I stood up but then I sat back down immediately when the upper half of my body ached.

I tried stretching and finally after some seconds of stretching, my body agreed it was time to free me from my misery so I stood up.

I made my way outside to receive some fresh air, the air in the room had become quite suffocating for me.

As I was sitter outside, Luke came to join me.

I was waiting for him to speak and finally he did.

“I know you're not happy with what I said yesterday.”

Ehn? So he knew, abeg, bros hold your own there.

“I'm not happy but maybe what you said was for the best, I mean, she's never going to see me as someone more than her brother's best friend.”

“Don't say that dude.”

“It the truth, no matter how you'd put it, we all know that this story is going to end up that way.”

It hurt, I no go like, but I had to say it, one way or another, I'll never be anything more than a friend to her, besides what's the use, I had less than a year to stay in secondary school, she had her whole life in front of her...

I won't chase after something that wasn't mine to begin with.

Shell always be in my heart and she'll always be my friend.

“Its not, I could always tip in something in your favour, in sure my sis likes you, we just need to get her to realize it.”

“You don't get it, do you?”

“What is there to get again?”

“Luke, you're my best friend, you o all people should know that when I make a decision I'll stand by it and right now, I mean what I said, your sister deserves someone better and that person ain't me.”

“So you don give up be that?” (So you've given up).

“I won't call it giving up, sometimes people just need space okay and right now, that's what I'm doing, if we were meant to be together, well, fate will definitely find a way to bring us back together, for now, I'll just play it low.”

“Okay, if that's what you want. Darrh, see how love dey turn you to motivational speaker ( See how love is making you a motivational speaker). Let me do fast and also fall in love.”

I just laughed, that's why I love my two best friends, no matter how sad I am, they always find a way to make me smile.

“Oh and before I forget, I told that guy, emm...what's his name again, the one that talked to Idara yesterday.”

“John?” He sounded surprised that I would even make an attempt to talk to the boy.

“Yeah John.”

“Wetin una talk about?” (What did the two of you talk about?)

“He thanked me from saving him from you,” Luke chuckled at this.

“I would never even think of beating him.”

“Yeah, we all knew that and you were quite intimidating, so I don't see any reason why the boy wouldn't believe that you'll actually beat him.”

“I guess you're right.”

“I'm always right.”

“Wait ooo, I don't want to have the same fight you had with Joshua and I most certainly do not want to be called ‘palm kernel’, so let it end here.

I chuckled at his reaction, though he can be stupid at times, he's very sensible for some one who's in a house full of four crazed siblings.

“Thanks bro.”

I don't know exactly why I thanked him but all I know for sure is that the dude had made a great impact on my life and I'll be forever grateful, without him, my life would have been hell and I'm not just saying this because he just made me realize it, I mean it, from the very depths of my heart.

He looked puzzled so to clear the confused look off his face I said, “For being my friend and for always being there for me.”

“You make me feel like a girl.” He's always finding a way to make a joke out of everything that comes out of my mouth.

“Dude, I'm being serious here.”

“Aww, you know I love you too.”

He's just making me feel thwarted.

I stood up and left him but he immediately joined me, a pout set on his face.

“What?”

“You left me.”

“Well, it isn't my fault that you started to irk me.”

“Irk you?”

“It means frustrate you idiot.”

I hit his head. Remind me again why I'm friends with this idiot and how the hell is he in SS3???

I sped up and got to the room before him.

Not after hearing him say,“I know you love me.”

And he was right because no matter how stupid, idiotic, dumb and crazy he might be, I still love him. In fact, those were the reasons why I do so...

💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖
Hey...
It's just mhee
Myself
And
I

Just quoted a song...
How'd you enjoy today's chapter?
Your though on Luke?
Did Ahmed make the right decision by giving Idara up?
Does he maybe still like her?