Chapter Fourteen.

Idara
******
After lunch, I went back to the hostel and got a book and a pen. Since Kate and Emy were in the same class with me I volunteered to copy the new class time table for them.

I made my way to the Main school block and my new classroom...SS2B.

Not many students were in the block, as they were either resting or too busy on heir phones, giving the excuse that they'll copy from their other mates during prep or later in the day.

As I stepped into the class, my eyes didn't even bother to look at those in the class. I don't even have that type of time.

Looking at the notice board in the class, I searched for the time table, when I found it, I wrote it down in my spare book.

One task done, another remaining.

I had to also copy Faith's own for her, that small girl, let me go back to the hostel, I'll beat her...

Making me go to that her class with those her nonesense class boys that can not respect themselves and their class.

Being in SS2 and having a sister in SS1 is not easy, all her friends will start behaving as if their in the same class with you and their all your friends...hmm, the insult I use to collect is not small, only God use to help me.

Of course they would never try it with Luk, he's the senior prefect na, just try that kind of thing with him and his classmates are standing there, you'll see pepper, receive hot slap, punishment...in fact, the name they'll give you self, you will cry for that whole day.

I went to her class and copied the time table...her class boys were there,they called me.

“Idara.”

“Idy.”

“Idy baby.”

That last one made me feel like beating somebody...they don't have respect. How many times have I warned, has Kate warned them, in fact has Luke warned them that they should respect their seniors...

Sense is not in their brain cells.

Iwod imaga need( Their head does not like book).

Another person called me ‘Idy baby’.

That stuck a nerve, enough is enough. They have the audacity to call me that, are they okay?. I was about to give them a piece of my mind but someone beat me to it...

“What is wrong with you people?!”

John?

When did he get here, how did he---

“Don't you guys know that she's your senior? Is that how you talk to your elders at home? Before I close my eyes and open them, disappear from this place jare!!!”

He sounded so calm yet so cold...a calm dragon.

The boys ran away like their lives depended on it. I turned to face John, he smiled at me and I smiled back.

“Thanks.”

“No problem.”

“How did you knew I was here?”

He awkwardly scratched the back of his neck, “I sort of followed you here...”

He followed me, still stalking I see.

“Mr. Stalker, you never cease to amaze me, so up till now your still stalking me, don't you have other things to do?”

“I have but every time I want to do something, you invade my thoughts.”

I what?

This bros de okay. I no dey invade anybody's thoughts ooo, I be spirit. God forbid that kind thing (He is not okay. I am not invading anybody's thoughts. Am I a sprit? God forbid that sort of thing).

“John are you sure your okay?”

“Yes am fine, why do you ask?”

“Your acting strange,” I narrowed my eyes at him.

“Strange, me? No, I'm not strange ooo.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yes, I'm very sure.”

Orr, me I don commot ( I will go).

“Okay then, I'm going.”

I started walking to the door but he caught my wrists.

I turned to face e him, “Hmm?”

“Are you avoiding me?”

Avoid kwa?

Where am I avoiding him to? See this one oo, what did he do that'll make me avoid him?

“I'm not avoiding you John, I just have to go back to the hostel but I'll chat you up.”

“Idara, listen, I really like you.”

Hmmm...

Mkpo kede (See something).

I didn't want to bruise his ego so I told him I liked him too.

“Really?”

“Yes, as a friend.”

Sorry John, I just had to friend zone you.

“What?”

“I hope you understand.”

And with that, I walked away from him...

As I walked back to the hostel, I kept thinking if what I told him was right, I mean, I do like him, he's not the problem at all, the problem here is me, I don't know if I'm ready for a relationship, I mean, my dad has always told me not to create time for boys, they only mean a distraction, which will lead to not concentrating in class which will further mean not understanding the topics and then failing of tests...then eventually failing exams and then, oh no, I could even drop out of school.

Wait...what am I saying?

No, I would never drop out of school, to tell you the truth, they were people on my class that are a lot smarter than me, only if the put the effort to use and acquire more knowledge...but as of now, I'm the best in my class.

I can't let my efforts go to waste, I had to make Mom and Dad proud, I know how I suffered before I could convince them to let me do Arts, nowadays, almost all Nigerian parents want their children to be doctors, engineers, pilot, oil drillers and all other sorts of professions that concern Sciences and Technology, they basically forget that the Arts department is even there.

If they actually allow their child to do Arts, it's mostly I they would become a lawyer or barrister of some sort and that's what I hate. This cooked up philosophy was the same thing for my parents, I literally spent the whole of my JS3 long vacation begging them to let me venture in the Arts and after weeks and weeks of begging they finally let me. I couldn't express my joy at that moment.

Arriving at my room,I packed the books I would use for prep and handed Faith's time table to her and my class time table to Kate, telling her to pass it to Emy once she's done.

I wanted to text Luke but immediately I climbed my bed, sleep enveloped me and I had no other choice but to surrender to Mother Nature...

💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖
Phew....
Tired
Expect Chapter Fifteen later today,
I'm going to sleep.

Just as Idara said, ‘I'm surrending to Mother Nature.’

Good morning everyone
Have a pleasant day.

XOXO