Chapter Seven.

Third Person
****************

Idara, Kate and Faith made their way to the main classroom block, once they reached there, they joined Luke, who was sitting inside Ahmed's father's Jeep.

Their parents brought out the different mats they had carried from their houses and joined the rest of the parents on the largest field in the school.

Today looked more like a visiting day than a resumption day.

They signalled for the children to come out from the car and bring their siblings along with the food they brought with them, just to have a taste of home food for the last time before they dispersed.

Idara mother who was more of a modern woman than a village one prepared jollof rice and salad, that would be classified as Faith's favorite, but the other two liked it none the less.

Kate's mother prepared her best and Kate's favorite, afang soup with lots of goat meat and heavy fufu, which was also Idara's favorite, the more reason why she prepared it.

She always knew that Idara loved it, to her idara was just like a second daughter to her, likewise Kate to Idara's mom.

Ahmed and his father, along with his siblings decided to sit with some of their Hausa friends so they weren't with them.

As the children dug into their meals, the parents conversed with each other. Luke was the first to finish his food and of course, he asked for another plate.

Idara
*******

Luke necessarily didn't have favourite food, he ate anything he could put into his mouth, as long as it was tasty and yummy, those were his only two requirements.

Mom scooped some more rice and put on his plate then added little salad to the one that was left on the side of his plate and he started eating again.

Mom has this unspoken rule, even at home, no one is supposed to eat his or her meat if the person knew that he or she would ask for a second plate.

So of course, Luke didn't dare to ear his meat. I decided to eat the jollof rice right before I went over to the fufu and afang soup.

Kate decided to join me so my mom put our food in one plate and the two of us shared. When we were done with the rice we switched over to the fufu and soup and we are till our hearts content.

Since my mom cooked two coolers of rice, we decided to share it among the four of us, me, Kate, Luke and Faith.

We helped our parents pack the mats, trays, plates, spoons and other cutleries into the car and we bid them goodbye as we watched their cars drive out of the school compound.

Luke made his way to Ahmed's parents but I had no such strength to go there and so did the girls, Luke took his food flask from me and skipped away, like, he really skipped.

The girls trailed behind me as we walked to the hostel, people were trooping in, in large numbers, we finally slipped inside and made our way to our room.

Once we got there, I put my food flask in my locker and lock it, although there's no use locking it, no one in my room steals, but people from other rooms do so it's best to lock it and for safety precautions too.

I laid on my bed, ready to doze off to sleep and when a pillow came in contact with my head.

I grabbed the pillow off my face and looked at who hit me.

It was Kate, of course.

She sat on my bed.

“Get up sleepy head.”

“Why are you so bubbly all of a sudden?”

I actually am not fazed by her actions, I mean it's Kate we're talking about here.

“I have a reason.” She smiled smugly.

“So would you mind telling me what your reason for disturbing me from taking a nap is.”

She cleared her throat.

“Alright I'll tell you and why do you want to take a nap p, you just woke up from one some minutes ago.”

“And?”

“You shouldn't sleep again,” she said in a ‘duh’ tone.

“Okay, okay, so tell me what this,” I gestured in between her and me, “is for?”

“Faith?”, she called my sister over.

“Hm?”

My sister sat on my bed with us.

“I want to find a boyfriend for your sister.”

She what?

“Yeah, I'm sure Faith wouldn't mind.” I quickly answered.

“I’m not referring to Faith jhoor.”

“I’m not looking for one.”

“Already regretting him, you haven't even seen him yet.”

“And I don't want to, stop it Kate, I don't need a boyfriend, how will I even see him, we're in school.”

“Did you not hear that we have a new boy in SS2.”

“I didn't and I don't care.”

Doesn't she get the fact that I don't have time for these type of things.

“Com on bestie, I'm sure you'll care when you learns that he sits behind you.”

Behind me? This can't be good...why?

“Could you switch places with him?”

“But if I switch places with him, then he'll be sitting beside you.”

She was right and that would mean a lot worse, I'm not ready to talk to anyone, at least for this term, much less a new comer.

“Yes, I'm afraid you're right.”

“I am, come on, this is his picture.”

She showed me a picture on her phone, I had to admit that he was handsome; he had a skin that was lighter than mine, his eyes felt as though they were swirled in chocolate, pinkish-brown lips, in all, he was breathtaking. But, I had a problem, I still don't date.

“Bestie, you want to die old without somebody abi?”

“Thats not what I said jhoor.”

“But that's exactly how you're acting.”

“Bestie, I'm not going to grow old and die alone, I'll have you and my siblings, possibly my parents.”

“You're delusional.”

“I’m not.”

“Bestie please, just give it a try, please.”

Ughh... I'm going to regret this later but whatever, I don't want them to keep disturbing me.

“Okay, I'll give it a go.”

“Yay!!!” Both my sister and bestie squealed.

These two...

“What’s going on here?”

💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖
Thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed the chapter.

Leave your thoughts on it and if there's anything I need to change , just comment where necessary.

Thanks.