Chapter Ten.

Idara
*******
By seven, we went to the dining hall for dinner. You could smell the aroma of the coconut rice from afar.

Normally, I don't eat coconut rice at home but in school I do, everything about it draws you to it, from the smell, to the garnishing and the taste...it's so delicious.

We sighted an empty table and we decided we would sit there, we told the people sitting on the nearby table to reserve it for us while we went to get our food.

I was walking behind the girls who were still chatting. We stood in the line meant for the SS2 students.

When it got to Faith's turn, she scooped so little, I'm sure it was meant for a baby and not her.

“Faith, are you sure that food is enough for you?”

“Yes, I'm sure.”

Who is she tussing for?

Abeg see this pekin, she has seen food now but she'll not eat.

As if Kate read my mind, she said,“Hmm, Faith, are you sure you've not started following these children to tuss?”

“I’m not tussing jare.”

“Okay oo, we have heard you now shift from the line so that other people can serve themselves, especially your sister, before she kills us.”

“Yes, please shift,” Emy concord.

I scooped the amount I would finish and made my way towards the table when someone bumped into me, I almost fell but a hand circled my waist and kept me up.

I turned to look at who my saviour was and....Ahmed?

Why would Ahmed save me?

Why wouldn't he save you stupid, you were about to fall.

Stupid mind.

Stupid you.

Crazy ---

“Idy?”

I turned my focus back to my brother's friend.

“Yes Ahmed?”

“Are you alright?”

“Yes, I'm okay.”

“Then let's go eat.”

“Are you guys sitting at our table?”

“Yeah, we are, don't tell me you've forgotten that we always sit with you guys ever since...”, he trailed off.

I knew what he wanted to say and I was grateful he didn't bring up the topic. I didn't want to start crying in front of the whole school.

I followed him to the table and we took our seats. He sat beside Luke and I sat beside Kate and Emy.

Faith as always was busy with her phone. Luke said something to her and she dropped it and began eating.

Although Luke was the senior prefect as well as our elder brother, he left no room for speciality and partiality when it comes to his siblings and friends, that's what I liked him for, that's what everyone else likes him for and when the school authorities have noticed it.

There was a spare seat besides me and everyone in our group already had a seat. I remember when I saw this table that it would fit everybody in our little group and they won't be a spare seat but now, there is, I wonder how it got there...

Hmmm, who cares.

I focused on the food in front of me when the empty seat besides me was pulled.

I looked up and so did everyone else....Jesu.

He was the one, John Mfonobong.

Oh
My
God!!

He's more handsome in person than on the pictures Kate showed me.

He turned to me oblivious of the other people on the table, the boys, Luke, Ahmed and Joshua who were glaring so hard at them, it was hard to believe their faces weren't as hot as their glares.

Trust me, John fit die self, these boys are the worst set of overprotective people I've ever met. They haven't even had time to talk to the dude and here they are already judging him.

The girls were swooning, obviously smiling at me and him, to be frank, I knew exactly what was going on in their not very corrupt minds.

They were thinking of ways to get us together, I'm sure when we go back to the hostel, they won't stop bugging me on how we look good together and how our children would look so beautiful and handsome and blah blah blah...

“Hey beautiful.” His thick, husky voice sang in my ears, but I'm sure everyone else at the table heard him.

He don enter kwanta (He has enter trobule).

My brother will kill him, in fact, those three boys will knock the days lights out of him, no joke.

Me I no dey there (I'm not there).

“Hi John,” I replied ever so softly, I'm not sure he even heard me.

“John? What happened to Mr. Stalker, I liked it better.”

He pouted. I couldn't help it, I started laughing, he looked so funny right now.

When I finally regained my composure, I looked at him.

“Your not okay.”

“Of course I'm not.” He grinned at me.

“Your crazy.” I couldn't help the smile that crept on my mouth.

“Only for you babe.” He winked at me.

I don't know why, but I blushed.

Luke decided that he had been patient enough he stood up, fists clenched at his sides, he's just in a fit of anger, he would never hit anyone, he just does that to seem intimidating.

Ahmed placed a hand on his shoulder and he turned to look at him, it was as though they were conversing with their eyes.

Luke immediately sat down and glared at John, “What did you call my sister,” he seemed so calm and it was scaring me.

His tone was so cold that it sent chills done my spine.

“Luke, just stop this, he was only joking,” I told him.

He glanced at me and his features softened.

Then he turned back to John and his features were cold again.

How does he change his expressions so quickly?

“Your name's John right?”

“Yes.”

“And your maybe in my sister's class?”

“Yes.”

“Okay, now tell me, why did you call my sister babe.”

“Bros, chill out, na joke I bin dey joke no.”(I was only joking).

“You better be.”

💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖
My people I dey hail una ooo.

How far?
This chapter sweet me ennn...
Somebody should tell Idara to give me her rice na
I'm very hungry and ever since John sat down she has not touched it, I want to eat.

😂😂😂
Good morning lovelies
Thanks for reading.

Please don't forget to vote, comment and drop your suggestions.
If you have any questions, you can privately message me or drop it down as a comment, I'll reply as soon as I see it.

Till next time...
Later😇