Chapter Twenty-Nine.

Mid-term breaks are the best, trust me, but time always flies like crazy. Mom came back with Ubong and Kini, and now, I'm wide awake, after they had jumped on my bed and other parts of my body in an attempt to wake me up.

My back aches like crazy. Right now, everyone's seated in the dinning, ready to have dinner, well, apart from me, I'm in the kitchen with mom, helping her.

Let me tell you something, have you met my mom?

Well, I'm sure you haven't, this woman can kill you, chai!

Just me, politely asking to help her ooh, this is how she wants to take and finish me for good.

Ten minutes have not even passed, I have received how many knocks on my head, just because of what, because I mistakenly allowed Maggi to fall on the floor.

Ahh, mommy there's enough Maggi in the container.

Now, if I should leave this kitchen, that will be another problem, in fact, I cannot even leave.

Today, Faith will not show that sisterly love she wanted show before we went to school.

Or at least Daddy should come and save me.

After about fifteen minutes, the stew was finally done, I began dishing it inside plates and carrying them to the dinning.

We settled, prayers were made and we began digging in, I was the first to finish, I gently stood up, once I reached the kitchen, I began moving like flash, if you see me nnn.

I washed my plate and cutlery and dashed out of the kitchen...who wants to stay in that kitchen again, so that my tomorrow my head will be aching because of the amount of knocks and back hand slaps I'll receive from my mother.

No, let Luke and Faith suffer small.

On entering my room, I saw that my phone's been blinking, someone was calling.

Ahmed.

This Hausa boy, he'll not leave me alone, he does not want to talk to his best friend, he's now staying to disturb my life, one day, I'll block his number.

Switching off the light in my room and closing my door, I jumping into the warmth and softness of my sweet sweet bed.

I answered the call, “Hausa boy, please allow me to sleep.”

“Ahh, Aunty Idara, no hello, or how are you?”

“If you know how badly I want to sleep en, you will carry those same fingers you used to dial my line and hang up.”

“Who vexed you today na, why are you releasing it on me?”

“Ahmed please, just leave me alone abeg, I want to sleep.”

“Orr, sorry ma, goodnight.”

“Night.”

I cut the call and let sleep engulf me.

****
Saturdays have always been my worst day...some may ask why?

Well to answer your questions, it's mainly because I get to do all the work.

So, you ask me another question, don't you have siblings???

And I tell you, I do. But the type of siblings I have the opportunity to be blessed with are your normally regular siblings who don't wake up on time or those that when they eventually wake up, they become so sluggish in doing things, leaving you to still do the work.

I been awake for more than an hour now, it's almost six and our neighbour's cock will soon crow...awaking some light-headed sleepers in our area.

Deciding not to lay in bed again, I get up, say my prayers, do my normal morning routine and walk downstairs. Unlocking all the doors and lifting up the curtains, letting the morning dew bring a little chill into the house, I pick up a broom.

I better start now, the earlier I finish my chores the better.

I'm almost done with sweeping outside when my mom calls me...in my house, we normally don't keep the morning prayers when everyone wakes up late, so we just have our own individual prayers.

“Mommy I'm coming.”

I quickly finish up what I'm doing and make my way inside, “Yes ma.”

“Abi that is the good morning you are supposed to say?”

Ahh, I have come back now, she called me and I answered her, if I was to say good morning now, she'll throw other questions at me....

“Good morning ma.”

“Morning, now, go and wake your sister up, I want all the hands I can get this morning.”

Ohh, does she know how hard it is to wake that girl up.

“Was I not talking to you, will you go and wake your sister up before I land you there, ndisebe (Nonesense).”

“Okay ma.”

I dashed out of the kitchen, before I'll have a repeat of what happened yesterday. My body cannot take such mbok. (Please).

I managed to wake Faith up, we walked down together, after the preparations for breakfast was made and Mom and Faith were no where in sight, I carried my tablet, played some music while cooking spaghetti, because I had no appetite whatsoever for the rice we prepared.

When it was done, I took it outside, sat on one of the chairs there and began eating.

💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖Phewww!!!Completed and my phone's on 1%, so I'll see y'all later

💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖
Phewww!!!
Completed and my phone's on 1%, so I'll see y'all later.

Comments!!
Votes!

Thanks lovelies.
Have a blessed Sunday.