Chapter Twenty-Six.

Idara
*******
I was arranging my books in my locker, Faith came and dragged me out of my class.

I tried getting her to let go of my hand but as per the stubborn girl she is, she wouldn't. I even tried asking her where we were going but she still didn't answer me.

She took me out of the block completely and that's when I noticed my Uncle's black Nissan car and my cousin in front of it.

I couldn't contain my happiness, my cousin was here, she was really here. I couldn't believe she was actually here.

 I couldn't believe she was actually here

I ran to her and embraced her.

“Mirabel.” I was squealing with excitement, “I can't believe you're actually here.”

“And I can't believe you're still short.”

“Ehn? Abi, it's because you're taller than me this year shey, don't forget that you were my height last year.”

“Mhmm, see this small girl disrespecting me, I even managed to come and pick you and you're disrespecting me, don't worry, I'll just go now.”

See this one, who is she joking with???

Who will she leave in this school?

“Mira, go na, it's you and your Uncle.”

She immediately turned back. I knew that would get to her, no one would dare to mess with my father, unless you want a very structured and life changing lecture.

“No, don't worry, I'm not going anywhere, be fast, call that your foolish brother and tell him to come.” She said smiling.

“You have mind ooo, continue smiling like Chesire cat, let me go and tell Luke what you said, wait for us ooo.”

I began walking away with Faith when I heard her shouting, “You better not tell him what I said.”

I just chuckled along with Faith as we walked into the block.

I had to tell Kate and Emy that we would be going home today if not, they'd totally skin me alive when we get back.

But first, I need to find Luke, I just hope he's in his class, after all, school's almost over for the day and only God knows if he'd sit his big self on a seat.

Getting to his class, as I predicted, he wasn't there. Now, I had to waste my time looking for him.

We weren't allowed to carry our phones to class so, I'd have to look for him. I asked one of his mates and I was told that he left the class only seconds before I entered.

If he did, the why couldn't I find him, his best friends where also no where in sight, so I presumed that they were with him.

It would be no use looking for him now, so I decided to go back to my class and pack my things.

Reaching my class, I saw my brother there and guess who was sitting on my locker, Ahmed.

It's not like I have a problem with him. No, I don't, but the thing is, I rarely let boys sit at my locker.

Call it childish or whatever you like, but that's just how I am, I'm sort of this closed-off person.

When I walked further into the class, heading to my locker, that's when I saw what they were actually doing there, Joshua was holding my bag, while Ahmed was packing the books that was remaining in my locker and Luke, well, my idiot of a brother was just watching...

They were so oblivious of the stares my class girls were giving them.

My brother was standing there, so calmly, so casual.

He for one, knew that I don't really like people touching my things without my permission and he's just standing there.

“Luke!”

He seemed shocked, surprised even, I guess he didn't think I'd be here, but why would he, oh I know, but this is my class.

“Id..Idara?”

“Yes, me, what is going on here??”

“Nothing?”

“Nothing???”

“Come on, sis, we were just helping you out.”

“I get that fact but you know that I don't really like people touching my stuff.”

“Geez, sis, we're not people, I'm your brother and they are my best friends, which typically implies that they are your friends, so chill okay?”

Calm down, Idara calm down, there's no point in getting angry now.

“Okay.”

“Okay?”

“Yes okay, what were you expecting.”

“Umm... nothing, nothing at all.”

“Alright, you guys go ahead, I need to tell Kate and Emy that I'm leaving today and not tomorrow.”

“We already told them.”

“Oh, okay, let's go then.”

“Idara, wait!”

I turned and came face to face with John.

“Yes John?”

“Please can I talk to you?”

I looked at my brother and his friends but they were unmoving. “In private please, if that's okay with you guys,” he gestured to them.

I turned to Luke, “Its okay big bro, just wait for me outside.”

He hesitantly said an ‘okay’ and they made their way to the door.

“John?”

“Idara, I know you might be wondering why I wanted to talk to you, umm...well, I kinda wanted to apologise for what I said about you and Ahmed that day. I shouldn't have let my anger get the best of me. I'm sorry.”

“Really?”

“I am, I won't be apologising if I wasn't, so, will you forgive me? Please.”

He seemed really sorry. I'd have to forgive him, I've been considering it for a while now, but I didn't find the time to tell him about it.

“I forgive you.”

“Thank you.” He gave me a quick hug, what was that about?

“Okay, I'll get going now, we'll keep in touch right?”

“Definitely.”

“Then I guess I'll see you.”

“Yeah, bye.”

“Bye John.”

💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖
Sorry this is kinda coming extremely late.

Let's say I kinda had the writer's block.
But I'm back now, ready to keep you entertained and to make you yearn for more.

Hold on tight, cuz this ride has just gotten a lot more interesting.

I hope that some people are happy that John finally got the courage to apologize...

Later y'all.