Chapter Seventeen.

Idara
*******
I still couldn't believe what John told me. I know I just met him recently and my sister and best friend have a strong willpower to get me and him together, I just don't believe it.

He said he likes me, how am I not sure that he only likes my outward appearance, just a physical attraction, sure, he may have talked to me, seen me, my pictures, read some things about me on my bio on Facebook or ever heard about me from guys in his room, or the boys hostel.

I mean, who wouldn't know me, the school's senior prefect is my elder brother.

Diverting from the topic, but me I still don't get this kind thing, this one na ehwhahala on top the whahala wey already dey, I swear (this one is problem on top of the problem that is already there).

Kate wanted to talk to me about something but I seriously wasn't in the mood so I told her off, I don't know why I was so harsh to her, for me, my tone wasn't that harsh, but when she flinched, I definitely knew it was.

I would apologize later but right now, I just want to be alone and think.

John. Likes. Me.

Me?

Is he sure that he's referring to me or he mistook me for someone. The nerd, introverted introvert...if there's anything like that.

Is he sure?

I mean, no offence, but why?

That's a question I'd have to ask him later but at this moment, I don't want to talk to him, it will only make things seem more complicated and it doesn't help that we're starting classes tommorow, moreover, he's sitting behind me in class.

Could my life get any worse?

He had tried calling me, but after the third call, I just sent the rest to voicemail.

I just couldn't face him, I don't know if it's he fact that I friend zoned him or that I walked away from there without letting him explain himself properly, whatever it was, I just couldn't.

I was starting to develop a migraine because of all the thinking, I remove a packet of Panadol from my locker and took out two, I was too stressed and lazy to get myself water so I swallowed it dry.

And then I laid down, but the sleep never came, my eyes felt heavy but I couldn't close them, it was as though I was in a trance, trapped and cold.

I don’t know how it became so cold, all I saw was black and then some red spots of blood everywhere, it was terrifying, I tried closing and opening my eyes but the same thing still appeared, no!,
I was right on my bed, how did I get here???

I began to freak out, sweat trickled down my skin.

Then I felt something warm on my forehead and then I could hear Kate screaming my name and telling me to wake up, but I couldn't, I tried telling her that I couldn't, but nothing audible came out from my mouth.

The sounds vanished and I couldn't see the red spots of blood anymore, I woke up from sleep, but when I looked around, I noticed that I still wasn't in my hostel room but at home and in my bed....

What sort of dream is this, I just wanted to go back to school. I had dreams like this, no, not dreams, it was an incubus.

It didn't feel like I was controlling my body, it felt as though I was being controlled...like I was some sort of puppet dancing to it's masters tune.

I was led to the bathroom and when my hand sprang up to open it, I knew for sure that I was being controlled.

I heard voices in my head, but not the voices that I was well accustomed to, not the voices of my brothers nor sisters, it was neither of them, it wasn't even Kate's voice or Ahmed's or Joshua's, it wasn't even John's voice.

It was hers.

Chika’s.

The witch. The one responsible for this very nightmare.

She was the nightmare herself, I could even call her a devil's incarnate, an evil spirit in human form.

And then the voice stopped.

Then I heard her call my name, but this time behind me.

I got control of my body again and I turned.

She was standing there, smiling evilly at me, then she started laughing, if that was supposed to scare me it didn't, it sounded more like a cackle than a laugh and she made it sound as though she was a real chicken.

I just dey silently beg God make him just help me make I commit this dream, I know wan die for inside this dream and come die for outside dream again ( I'm silently begging God to help me wake up from this dream, I don't want to die in the dream and also die in real life).

She called my name but I made sure to not answer, a silent prayer on my lips.

She called again but still got no response from me.

She called the tired time when I didn't answer, she walked towards me slapped me...though it was a dream, I could still feel the slap and it stung, I couldn't feel my left cheek, she had sent my head flying to the right.

When I positioned my face to look at her, I couldn't find her, she had disappeared.

Right now, as Bernard de Fontenelle used to say, “I felt nothing, except a difficulty in the continuity to exist.”

To be frank, I didn't see the use of living anymore, Chika will always haunt my dreams, she always did, so I don't see the use of me living and bearing such pain...it'll be better if I just----

Before I could complete my sentence, I was sucked into something that looked like a black hole and then...darkness.

💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖
Hi guys
Sorry for the short chapter.

I promise to make the next one a bit longer.

Been going through some writer's block, but don't worry...

I'm back and I ain't going nowhere.

With so, so, so much love,
Tani.