Chapter Twenty-Three.

After English class, I thought that John would talk to me but he just ignored me the whole time, if I'd try to say anything to him, he would just brush me off.

He acted as though I actually didn't exist and it irked me.

I decided to just give up on talking to him. I would just be wasting my time anyway.

Classes flew by quickly, unlike other Mondays, where we would have to wait for what seems like 12 hours before the bell for break would be rung.

Our snacks were shared by the SS3 dinning prefects and the dinning committee members in our different classrooms.

I got mine and settled down on my seat.

John came over and leaned on my desk.

Ohhh...

"Idy?"

Yes?"

"Why are you ignoring me na?"

"Ignoring you ba?, I was not ignoring you, I didn't just have the time to talk to you, I was busy preparing myself for today's class and I had a lot of things to do and I--"

"You're rambling," he chuckled at me.

"I'm not."

"Okay, well you were."

"What do you want John?"

"I just want to talk to you."

"About?"

"About what I said on Sunday, don't you remember?"

"I remember, but I really don't want to talk about it, at least not in class."

"Is it because of Ahmed?"

"What?!" Did I hear him correctly? Did he just say Ahmed?

"Yes, you heard me, is it because of Ahmed?"

"What has Ahmed got to do with this, he's just a friend."

"Just a friend, yeah, right," he scoffed.

"What's your problem? How can you go from talking to being so rude?"

"Abeg, I know what's going on between you and Ahmed."

Between Ahmed and I?

What the heck is this boy thinking???

"John, what are you implying?"

"No dey form swaggs for me there oo, I sabi say Ahmed be your bf." (Stop pretending, I know Ahmed's your boyfriend).

"John!!!"

That caught the attention of everyone in the class and they turned to us.

John flinched, he seemed surprised that someone like me would shout at him.

"Calm down, I didn't mean that."

Right now I don't care if he meant what he said or not. How dare he? He has the audacity to say something like that, not just about me but about Ahmed too. Ahmed could be classified as the sweetest person I know, he's so caring, he even notices when I'm sad and alone, the things my siblings don't even notice.

I could say he's more like a best friend and a brother, I've never thought of him that way and here John is calling him my boyfriend.

How can he think so low of me, yet he says he likes me.

Like my foot.

See him, after he'll ask me to give him reply.

Akwa reply.

"Get away from me John, I don't want to talk to you."

"But, I said I'm...."

"Didn't you hear what she said, she said you should leave her alone, or should I make you," a voice said.

Ahmed.

How did he?

How did he get here?

Who told him?

Sorry John, but you're in for a lot of trobule.

John turned to Ahmed, neither my brother nor Joshua were here. He walked to him and faced him head high.

Abeg, wetin this one dey prove, dem go just beat am hands down. (What is John trying to prove. He'll get beaten).

"What are you doing here?" He asked Ahmed.

"Am I not allowed in here? Is this not part of the school again, when did you suddenly start owning classes, en?"

"Don't you dare..."

"Don't I dare what? You don forget your manners for hostel? Are you forgetting who I am and which class I am."

"Ohhhh, so because you're in SS3, you want to use your position to scare me abi?"

"Scare you?" Ahmed chuckled,"You'd think I'd waste my time on you?, I didn't come for you, I came to check if Idara's alright, unlike you, I don't lay false accusations on other people's children."

He brushed past John and came to me, "Are you okay dear?"

"Yes, I'm fine."

He bent low and whispered in my ear,"If he bothers you again, just tell me, okay?"

"Okay."

"I'm telling Luke and Joshua about this."

He could, but, I'd feel bad if they'd try to hurt him but I trust them, I trust Ahmed, I know that he would try his best to stop them from hurting John.

He's just lucky this time, if he tried to touch me, he wouldn't have seen the end of it.

"You could, but please don't let them hurt him, I trust you."

"Trust him? You trust him? And you can't trust me??"

What's his problem!

"John, Ahmed's so much different from you, at least he understands me, that's something you don't do."

"Understand? Oh, please, I knew he was your boyfriend."

I saw Ahmed's hands ball into fists, if John isn't careful, he might just get what he's looking for, but if there's anything I've learnt from situations like this is to keep calm, I'm sure he's just doing this to make Ahmed angry.

I held Ahmed's hands in mine and he turned to me,"Ahmed, don't, he's not worth it."

I turned to John,"Never ever talk to me again, I'm serious."

"Ahmed, you can go now, I'll be fine."

"Okay, I'll see you at lunch."

"Definitely."

After Ahmed left the gossiping started, people were talking in hushed tones while others were talking loud enough for me to hear, but I've been through this before so it was easy enough for me to ignore their rude comments.

John switched seats with someone else and I couldn't be more glad, he would have switched it sooner or later.

"Besty are you okay?"

"Yes, I am, don't worry."

"Are you sure?" Emy asked.

"Guys, I'm perfectly fine, do I look like I'm not okay?"

"No," they said in unison.

"Then I'm okay, now stop worrying."

💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖
Hello there my beautiful and handsome readers.
How are you all doing?

From now on, I'll be updating Ghosts of the Past (GOTP) on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays.

On Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays - 3pm
And on Sundays - 4pm.

Hope y'all understand.
Much love.
Enjoy the rest of your day.