Surprise

Few days before marriage...

"Are you sure? Is this your final decision" Asmaira's father asked,seeing she still looked skeptical.

However, she replied,"Yes" without adding anything.

He stormed out of her room, leaving her behind, no one knew what had happened between the father and the daughter, the moment he left her room disappointment was all over his face and regret was on her face. Yet neither of them tried to talk again.

Somewhere at the other side of the city, in his penthouse, for a change Amaan was not indulged in his daily dose of wine as he had already been in a good mood knowing that his trick has already worked and now his family will no longer bother him about marriage anymore. He anticipated what would happen in Asmaira's place. He mentally prepared himself to pretend in front of his family specially his mother, as he did not want to break the promise nor want to hurt her.

He was still in his thoughts when his phone rang. As expected, his mother called to inform him about the other side decision. While he was secretly celebrating his victory, he got the shock of his life.

Asmaira agreed to get married to him. She indeed agreed to be his second wife, though she was still single.

How? What? Why? These all questions were seen on his face. How could his calculation could go wrong.

He still could not believe and thought his mother was playing some sort of trick with him.

"What? Are you sure?" he could not help but ask out loudly,

Listening to him on the other side of the phone his mother smiled,'you thought you could win this time'.

The moment he put across the condition she knew this would be the outcome yet she did not react, she dint want her son to see through her.

"Absolutely" all she said before hanging up the call.

She knows her son very well and what all trick he had up in his sleeve.

Only beep sound was all Amaan could hear and he went totally blank, even forgot that the call has already ended yet he dint removed it from his ear. "Why?" he kept asking himself this question n number of times hoping that by any miracle he would get an answer. Dint Raina tells Asmaira hated him to the core, then why did she agree to marry me? We have not even seen each other yet she agreed. Is she up-to some game? Did she agree to marry him for some sort of revenge? He already knows the answer to his last question. His nostril flared and the level of anger he felt was un-measurable. After all what she did will she have face to take revenge against him.

Amaan always hated people like Asmaira who was always at the mercy of others, who never take stand for herself, always hid behind people when difficult time comes, who never fight back, always a burden for people who care about them. Though Amaan had never seen Asmaira nor was he judgmental, but whatever he heard about her made him realized she was timid, naive, an introvert good for nothing woman,just like the over pampered child in the family who only know how to act cute. How can he forget how much Raina suffered because of her innocent pretentious act.

'She dare to take Raina's place',

How can he let that scheming witch like her takes Raina's place. No! He roared throwing away his phone and went out to meet his mother. No way on earth will he let her put her foot in their home.

He drove like a mad man all the way to his mansion. Time was ticking and he dint have much time to play around.

When the car screeched and halted in front of the mansion, his mother already knows who was the visitor and what were they going to talk, she knew how to convince her stubborn son.'I am your mother, son and not the other way round' she thought smiling.

Amaan could not see or feel anything at that moment, he just wanted to see his mother and cancel the wedding. He dint even notice servant looking shocked and bowing to him, he was lost in his anger he just burst into his mother's room. What he saw froze him, why so many servants were standing in his mother's room and where is she? As his sight landing on his mother, he could not stop trembling. No, no this can't be happening, he thought. He rushed towards his mother who was lying on her bed and was unconscious. He could not see his father, brother or his sister in law. Where is everybody? How can his mother be all alone? He noticed that already doctor was called and he was examining his mother. Amaan patiently held his mother's palm waiting for the doctor to review her condition.

Once he was done, he gestured Amaan to have a quick talk.

"Nothing to be scared of. Due to her age and the amount of stress she is going through she passed out and...." The doctor said, stopping in mid of his talk and looked at Amaan as if thinking whether to tell him further or not.

Amaan noticed this and asked "And?"

"Lately she complained of sleeplessness and I suggested her pills, though continue usage of it will be harmful seeing her age and the level of stress she is in. If this continue I am afraid she might be affected severely owing to the fact that she already has high blood pressure, which could lead to stroke. As a family doctor I suggest you not to let her over think or be under any sort of stress. I am afraid she is not strong enough to handle it".

Listening to all this, Amaan's world was shattered. He already lost a loved one and he could not handle the same pain of losing again. He knew he would lose his mind if something like that happened again. The anger which was their previous all disappeared after listening to the doctor's review.

After the doctor left, Amaan sat beside his mother holding her hand, scared that if he leave her hand she will leave him. He kept looking at his mother like a 3 year old boy with so much of concern and affection. Seeing that she was sleeping peacefully, he kissed her on her forehead murmuring "If that makes you happy I will do it"

Soon after he left, she opened her eye beaming with happiness. Finally, you agreed!

After confirming with the maid she called her family doctor and thanked him for his participation, knowing very well that nothing was wrong with her.

He said,"It was all my pleasure, please don't thank me". Though he wanted to ask questions, but he prefers to keep quite not knowing what was happening in their house. "It's none of my business " he thought.

"You might not know what is happening and might hate it too, but trust me, dear, it's all for the betterment of everyone not only you. I wish I could tell you everything, I can't see you go through the pain alone, yet I'm helpless" she spoke to no one while crying silently.