Changed Amaan

When Amaan didn't turn up to the office or home, Fariya took things in her own hand and went straight to his penthouse. What she saw there made her more disappointed with her son. He was lying on the floor in the middle of the living room surrounded by the empty bottles. The house was stinking and smell as if she had walked into a bar. When Amaan woke up to the sound of cracking bottles, Fariya had already asked the maids to clean the house and empty the wine cabinet.

Already grumpy as his sleep was disturbed by the noises, Amaan furiously glared at the maids, who immediately stopped emptying the wine bottles and left the mother-son duo alone.

"Good morning Son!", she said, not missing the tone of sarcasm.

Not responding he went towards the cabinet and poured himself a glass of wine.

Fariya gradually walked towards the bar, sat on the chair near the counter and placed an empty glass gesturing her son to pour her wine too. She deliberately smiled to irk her son. Seeing her mother's smirk he suddenly threw away her glass.

"Let's cut the time short by not asking how I got in and why did I clean the house, I will go straight to the point, why did you lock Asmaira?". Fariya spoke directly with a question.

An evil grin appeared on his face while saying, "Why? She is my wife".

"So?"

"Ah, so as her husband, I have the right to punish her for her disobedience", Amaan said while leaning on the chair smirking at his mother.

"Disobedience?", clearly irritated with her son's snobbish answer.

"Well Ma, it's between me and my wife and I appreciate nobody else's involvement"

"But......", before Fariya could retort, Amaan interrupted her. "Ma, I remembered you asking me to work on my marriage so why all fuss now?

"Is this how you are working on your marriage, torturing a poor soul in the name of disobedience, what did she do? As far as I see she is a simple girl with no demands, who religiously takes care of your son. When you were supposed to be there for Kabir, where were you? Here in this mess lost in your alcohol", she blurted out pointing towards Amaan.

"Can't you see how happy Kabir is? My baby never used to smile and look at him now, he is laughing, he is playing like any other kid, he is not that reserved kid anymore". Fariya could not help cry about her grandson's misery.

Still Amaan did not respond, he was adamant in not letting Asmaira out of the room. He already planned his line of action for her, for messing up in his life and for taking Raina's place in Kabir's life.

"Fine! If that's your answer, but I won't stand seeing you hurting her and doing nothing". With that, she got up and walked towards the door.

"If you try to interfere Ma, I will leave the house and will take her and Kabir away", Amaan stood up, said coldly adding, "and you won't be able to see them". This time it was Fariya's turn to be speechless. Amaan walked towards her and said slowly while turning the door knob, "You know well Ma, your son is good at keeping his words".

"Though I married her for your sake, to keep my promise I made to Raina but that doesn't mean I will not use my rights on her. As her husband, I have the right to take her anywhere with me. How will you stop me then?". He said while stressing the word, husband.

Stunned, she could not believe her son could be cold blooded and this time she won't be able to persuade him. She went back to the mansion in a daze, her mind echoing with Amaan's warning. Her only hope was her husband.

By the time Amaan came back to the mansion, it was already evening, since last night till evening Asmaira was locked in the room, hungry and exhausted. She dare not bang the door or shout to make things worse for her. She was lying on the floor in the same position as the previous night, crying silently, her stomach grumbling with hunger. She was physically tired with the slap and hunger and mentally tired thinking helplessly about Kabir, how he was? Whether his fever was down or not?.

While lying in her thoughts with half closed eyes, she heard the sound of a door opening and shiny black leather shoes came into her view. She knew who it was and she didn't need to look at him. She was shivering while supporting her weak body with her arms and sat, not raising her head. He squatted down to her level, popping his knees, causing Asmaira to crawl back towards the wall. He smirked sensing the tension in her body with his closeness.

"Slept well last night?"Amaan said with a smile plastered on his face.

She stopped breathing, hearing his gentle tone, subconsciously she pulled her knees towards her chest, creating a safe distance from him. She could sense his burning gaze on her. Her heart was throbbing rapidly anticipating his next move.

To her horror, he leaned towards her, stroking her cheeks and said, "I am sure you would have, now we need to talk and when I say talk, I want an answer from you", "Am I clear?", Amaan said while staring at her lowered head. Not receiving any response, he caught her arm and jerked harshly, saying, "Am I clear?".

"Yess", she whispered.

"Good! Listen carefully, stay away from Kabir. This time I am going easy on you, next time if I see you around my son, I will kill you. Understood?"

Asmaira shuddered and nodded, making him jerk her again with more force,"Answer!", he yelled.

"Yes..yes", she answered sobbing.

Amaan pushed her back and wiped his hands, which held Asmaira as if he touched something disgusting. Before walking towards the bathroom, he turned around and spoke gently, "and one more thing, don't ever try to take Raina's place in this house or else you will regret marrying me".

She looked up at his retreating back, cursing him and crying.

'Ray, please save me from this devil'. She thought about Raina.

When Amaan walked out of the bathroom, he didn't see Asmaira, not that he cared. He walked towards his sister's room. He needed someone to keep an eye on Asmaira in his absence. He didn't want to make the same mistake as before and for that he went to meet his sister who gladly accepted his request.