Hide and Seek

Hola Personas,

What a lovely day to start!

How you all doing? It's been sometime that I haven't uploaded new chapter, I was busy with my best friend's wedding. Yes, a wedding in this lockdown. Do let me know what is keeping you busy during this pandemic time and yes of course, keep sending your love and your views about the story. Just 2 minutes of yours and you never know I will get new idea to write the story further.

Peace and Love.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Sir left", when Amber told Asmaira she was relieved but she also knew that her 'hike and seek' game would not last long and soon will be busted. She had to think of other ways to keep Amaan occupied for the longest time of the day so that she can do what she came for in Hashmi's mansion.

'This time I will fight him for you Raina', with that determination Asmaira continued playing with Kabir. It's only been a day since Kabir met Asmara, but to him she has already become someone special. An onlooker can see the special bond between the toddler and his new mother including Amber. Amber was a qualified nanny trained for kids like Kabir who could not receive the necessary care from both his biological parents and contrary to her knowledge, she found Kabir was not hesitant towards Asmaira in fact, he bonded with her on his first meet. Although Amaan stayed in the same house but did not once see his son after Raina left much to Fariya's distress. This was the very first time he visited his son and yet he did not bother to even glance at him. Kabir, unaware of his father's identity did not notice the new intruder either as he thought Asmaira was playing hike and seek with him.

Asmaira never knew her simple question about Amaan's routine asked to Fariya resulted in her favor, as if destiny had answered her prayers and was favoring her to carry on with her deeds. While she was busy with Kabir, Amaan on the other hand was looking for foul play. He was sure that she was not easy to back down with his first warning, in fact, he expected her to be in Kabir's room. While he was walking towards his room, Salar called and told him to meet him.

Amaan frowned after the call, 'now what does he want to talk about and why did he call me to the office?'.

In the Hashmi's enterprises, Salar and Jamshed were waiting for Amaan. It was more than 6 months since he stepped into his own office. When Amaan entered the office, the surroundings froze, employees who were till now busy with their work suddenly could not believe the youngest Hashmi to stop by. He didn't pay any heed to the crowd as he was busy thinking the possible reason for the sudden meeting. He knew his father's temperament and won't casually call to meet him. He was directed to the meeting room and without knocking, he entered the room much to Salar's annoyance.

"What is that you wanted to talk to me about?", he said as soon as he entered, directly looking at his father and brother. He was surprised to see his brother there.

"Next time don't forget to knock before you step in", his father told him coldly, looking straight at him. Salar initially planned to have a reasonable approach towards his son, but seeing his misbehavior, he directly came to the point without giving him a chance to sit.

"You will be assisting Jamshed for our new project with Singhanias". Salar Hashmi was a man of few words and when he said those words it was inevitable.

"No!"

Amaan's immediate response didn't surprise him and he played his next move."very well, pack your stuff and leave my house. I don't feed vagrants and if you want to have free luxury you have to earn it.". With that he left his two sons behind. Amaan, furious with his father's arrogance, wanted to smash everything around him, but one gesture from his brother stopped him. Jamshed walked towards him and held him by his shoulder.

"Sooner or later you have to join the company. Why not work as a team like old times. Remember, you me and Junaid, we were the team", his brother tried to persuade him for the sake of their old times when Amaan was full of life, now he was nothing but a frustrated soul.

Amaan was not scared to lose the property or to leave the mansion, he was furious at his father's arrogance. 'How could he start forcing me for everything? Am I a teenager to control around'. Salar and Jamshed failed to understand his intent to not join the company. Since Raina left, he lost a part of him, he lost his confidence, he lost his will to be happy again, he lost the courage to take the risk or decisions anymore.

'What if I make a wrong decision like I took for Raina? 'He cried inside.

When he left, Jamshed informed Salar about his decision to join him in the project. Salar first thought was to give time to his son as business is a critical matter with no chance of mistakes. A small mistake will create a big impact on the future of his employees, but one demand from his wife, he succumbed to her whim.

"It's better that you first train him and also know how much he can perform. I am not sure whether he still has that same business expertise or tactics. All that months of alcohol has made him sluggish", Salar said while reading a contract to which Jamshed nodded and left his cabin.

Amaan drove like a madman, not stopping even at the red signal at the junction, his mind was racing thinking is it merely a coincidence, only a day went since Asmaira came and all of a sudden his parents started acting inconsiderate towards him.

Before he could grasp the situation and think it through, he received a call from his mother, asking, no actually threatening him to be there for dinner. 'Why the hell are they threatening me for every damn thing?', he muttered while hold steering wheel with one hand and the other running through his raven silky hair.

"If it is you Asmaira behind all this then don't blame me for being rude to you", he spoke to himself still furious about how things were getting out of his control. Since he was supposed to be there for dinner, he could not drink, with nothing else to do he drove to his penthouse. He felt exasperated and he needed to calm himself to think through the mess. He felt like a rebellious teenager even though in his teens, he was always a complying kid.