Coffee

Her first day in office was like hell, the dress and heels were uncomfortable getting her unwanted attention, she was made to run on heels, not for a moment she had peace with Tara bossing her around. One thing she understood, Amaan didn't hire her as a PA but rather as a servant, to make her stay away from Kabir.

It was already 8 in the evening and Asmaira was famished, since she had to skip her breakfast and lunch. All she wanted was to go home and sleep, ya sleep with her quilt.

She went to Amaan's cabin with his 4th coffee expecting him to leave for the day, however, to her shock he made her stay till 10pm. Even Tara left for the day at 8pm. She dozed off while waiting for him.

When Asmaira woke up with a jolt, the lights in Amaan's cabin were off. Fear creeps in.

Did he just leave me alone and went? , she feared.

The entire building was deserted and when she saw the time it was already 11.30pm. She slowly rose from her chair, breathing rapidly and controlling her fear. Except for her breathing, she can't hear any other sound.

She regretted the day she left her phone at her parent's house, she regretted never asking for a phone from someone else. Now she understood the importance of carrying a phone, however, it was too late. She doesn't even know anybody's number to call during an emergency.

She made a note mentally to ask for a phone the next day along with an emergency number.

While she was in thought she felt someone's presence at her back, she immediately turned around but saw nothing.

I am imagining things, she patted her chest and decided to leave as soon as possible.

When she went to get her bag, suddenly the lights went off making everything dark. She started trembling as she was afraid of the darkness and started sweating. She wanted to cry out of fear, but all her imagination started to work, she imagined all sorts of ghost stories. She slumped on the floor, holding herself from shouting out of fear, crawling towards the corner.

Raina, please help, Asmaira was chanting her name for help.

Amaan was watching everything from the corner of the room and he knew she was nyctophobic. When he was sure she had enough, she turned on the lights and walked towards trembling Asmaira.

He was pleased looking at her curled body. She was on the floor at the corner of her table with her head between her knees murmuring something. She didn't even notice the turning on of the lights and was trembling.

He squats down and roughly shakes her, causing her to scream her lungs out. When she saw Amaan smirking at her, she was overwhelmed.

"Next time don 't sleep during work hours", he said, giving a devilish smile.

It took a long time for Asmaira to realize what he said and before she could react he said.

"Let's go", without giving her a second glance.

Dreading that he would leave her again, she ran towards him. In the car, Amaan noticed she was still shivering, holding her bag to her chest and murmuring something. He didn't care, he wanted to make her suffer and looking at her scared state he was pleased.

'I won't let you live in peace', Amaan thought.

The office incident was still fresh in her mind when Asmaira reached home. She lost her appetite too. Knowing that it was planned by Amaan, she was dreadful to go to the room. Instead, she went to the garden and cried her heart out. After letting out her emotions when she went to the room, she noticed Amaan had already changed and slept. Depressed with the day's happening, she directly went to the terrace and lay on the floor directly. With physical and emotional exhaustion, she went into deep sleep, unaware that the following days will be no less than today.

Amaan was observing her every move the time she entered the room and when he walked up to her, he saw her sleeping with her curled up body, giving a mocking smile.

Next day, Asmaira suddenly woke up gasping for air as cold water was poured on her.

"Good morning! Slept well?", Amaan gave a big smile while Asmaira was coughing and catching her breath.

"You are already late, 20 minutes to get ready", Amaan said. He was already dressed.

By the time Asmaira reached the dining hall, it was more than 20 mins and only Amaan was there at the table.

"You are late again", looking at his watch and standing up, not letting Asmaira eat.

Asmaira thought if her first day in office was hell, the next day she could describe it as horrendous. Apart from acting as her personal maid, Asmaira was asked to organize the file cabinet which was worse than a storage room. Amaan didn't let her eat breakfast and after skipping last night's meal, Asmaira was eagerly waiting for her lunch break and when she was stepping out for break, Amaan again called her to his cabin.

"I have a meeting at 2:30pm with the project team, I want you to get coffee for the entire team", he said, not taking a glance at her.

Before she could go to the pantry to get the coffee, he corrected her,"There is a coffee shop downtown, go there and make sure this time you are not late".

When she checked the time it was already 1.50pm, how am I supposed to get it on time, she thought. While she was still in a dilemma he added, "Tara will give you details about the team's preferred coffee type and once you are back you need to attend the presentation too". With that, he waved her off.

Quickly noting down the list of coffee names, she dashed towards the elevator.

To her luck, she quickly boarded the cab and reached the shop in 10 minutes and requested the driver to wait for 10 minutes. With each minute passing her heart beat was increasing.

10 minutes were left when she got her ordered coffee and dashed towards the waiting cab. Before she could sign in relief, it started raining and her cab broke down in the middle.

5 minutes more to go, with no option left, she removed her beige colored heels and ran towards the office not bothering about the stares she was receiving.

Meanwhile, in the office,

"Call Asmaira to get 2 more coffee", Amaan told Tara, who was speechless.

"I am sorry, but we didn't have her number nor I saw her using her phone till now".

Clearly irritated, Amaan told Tara to hand her one of the company's phones.

When Asmaira reached the conference room it was 2:40 pm and on impulse, she barged into the room, not noticing the stares she quickly placed the coffee on the table.

When Amaan saw, he was stunned by her appearance, her white nylon shirt was sticking to her body making it almost see through, her long locks usually tied in a bun was disheveled out of her high pony, in one hand she was still holding her heels and her clothes were dripping water on the floor. Amaan noticed, few men were drooling over her wet body and one of them even gulped.

Before she could apologize for the delay, Amaan coldly said, "Get out".

Asmaira thought he was angry because she was late and as she opened her mouth, he clenched his teeth and said, "GET OUT".