Regret

His last words unleash the multitude of guilt and repent she was holding till now making her mind blank.

He loosens her wrist and slapped her, causing her to fall heavily on the floor.

Asmaira, wake up, it's not the time to be lost. Her mind was constantly warning her, however, she was lost in the memory of the day when Raina died.

Though her body was reacting to Amaan's proximity and the threats, she could not bring back her senses as her guilt was eating up her conscience.

Making her face him by her fisting her hair, he growled, "Should I remind you about that day?"

Slap

"How badly does she want to talk to you?".

Slap.

"How much agony she was in?"

Slap.

"Should I remind you what you said to her?"

Slap.

This time the slap was so brutal she tasted blood in her mouth, but she did not defend herself.

Tearing her saree completely, he said, "You said I wish you never get peace, I wish you die a painful death", pulling her hair vigorously, he tore her skirt till her thigh was completely visible.

He pushed her roughly to the floor and walked away running his hand in his hair in frustration. Clearly he was in the same agony as he was on the day Raina died. His eyes were moist but he didn't want to cry, not in front of the person who was responsible for it.

On the other hand, Asmaira guilt reached its peak and she was ready to face her punishment. She no longer had the strength to live with the guilt. Yes, it was her fault that Kabir lost his mother. If she had just talked to her. She was lying on her stomach semi naked. Her blouse and skirt were on the verge of falling and was merely covering her modesty.

While she was waiting for her punishment, he pulled her from the floor and threw her on the bed. He mounted her, roughly pulling her to face him and was biting her neck.

As if lost in another world, Asmaira did not respond to his attack and whispered, "Raina" while a lone tear fell from her eyes.

When Amaan was about to tear her remaining clothes to enter her forcefully, he heard Raina's scream, "AMAAAAAAAN".

Stunned, he stopped and then reality hit him when he saw motionless Asmaira beneath him, with bruises all over her neck and a swollen face.

With his feeble legs, he moved away, clearly shocked at his own behavior. He was sure he heard Raina's scream and was angry at himself.

Pulling Asmaira by her arms, he jerked her to wake her up as she was staring at him blankly.

"I told you DON'T PROVOKE ME TO DO ANYTHING TO YOU", he screamed the last part and threw her out on the balcony, himself falling on the floor the next moment.

Asmaira was in her college cafeteria crying like always. These days it was usual for her to cry at least once a day. She was not able to cope up with her father's overbearing attitude since the day Raina left and at college her seniors were harassing her as she was a weak person. This was the time when she needed Raina the most but she could not do anything. While lost in her thoughts, she received a call from an unknown number. Initially she didn't answer, however, seeing that the caller was persistent she got annoyed and answered in finally.

"Aashi.."

Asmaira froze.

Wait, Raina called. Asmaira was overwhelmed. After so many years, her sister called her and she called when she needed her the most.