What's going on?

After their emotional confrontation, Asmaira still refused to step out of the room and sat near the balcony door every time. It has been 3 days since that day and no matter how much Fariya tried to encourage her, Asmaira couldn't overcome that day's happening. Amaan meanwhile observes Asmaira silently. It was his fault that she ended up being scared and isolated. He knew what he had to do to get Asmaira out of her trance.

Asmaira was staring blankly at the sky when she heard a low voice.

"Mummm.....mmmmm".

She turned towards the direction of the sound and was stunned to see Amaan holding Kabir in his arms. The moment Asmaira turned Kabir started wiggling and raising his arms towards her. Surprisingly Amaan put him on the floor and the next moment what Asmaira saw overwhelmed her.

Kabir was holding on to Amaan's finger and started taking baby steps while still mumbling. Asmaira whose gaze was following Kabir's step forgot to blink in fear of missing out the best moment for her. When he reached her, he pulled his hand from Amaan and out of balance fell in Asmaira's arms mumbling, "Mumma".

With the sudden rush of emotions and seeing Kabir safe and sound, Asmaira forgot about her trauma and started smiling genuinely. Amaan knew he got what he came for and Asmaira will now move on forgetting about all past incidences. He left the mother son duo in contentment and when he came face to face with Fariya, she saw her son smiling genuinely after a very long time. Her eyes welled up seeing the change in her son.

Life moved on with Amaan accepting and obliging with Raina's wish. He realized their marriage was just for the sake of Kabir and to give him love as father and mother. With the new turn of events, Amaan got to see a new side of Asmaira; a happy side where she laughed carelessly.

While Asmaira was playing with Kabir, Amaan called her.

"Have a look at the prospect and fill the details", Amaan said while handing over a file to Asmaira.

"What is this? Asmaira questioned while opening the file and stopped.

"Is this? Is this an admission form?", she was stunned and raised her head to look at Amaan.

"Yes, I spoke with the management, well he is one of dad's friends and assured me you can continue your last year of graduation in their college". Amaan said while taking Kabir and stroking his hair.

"But, I don't want to".

"Well, too bad, but you have to, I am not letting you waste your time at home and do nothing". Amaan rolled his eyes clearly annoyed with her rejection.

"I won't be able to manage studies as well as Kabir, who will look after him?", Asmaira protested.

"We both will look after him, but that doesn't mean you will leave your studies. Moreover, I have a friend who will help you with the internship". Amaan tried persuading her.

"Internship? no, Kabir is still young, I can't leave him".

Amaan sighed and said,"Asmaira, I knew you always wanted to be an architect, I don't want you to stop your dream".

Seeing her in shock Amaan added, "Raina told me. Please, if not for anything do it for Raina".

Neither Amaan said nor Asmaira, but they formed a mutual understanding to help each other. Though they can't be husband and wife, but they can be friends and provide love to Kabir.

The next week, Amaan helped Asmaira in her admission as well as in getting required material.

On her first day of college, Amaan woke up first with the sight of Kabir nuzzling into Asmaira's chest while she was drooling in deep sleep. He wiped the corner of her mouth and chuckled when she frowned due to the disturbance. Past few days his son's energy level was uncontrollable and this was making Asmaira exhausted at the end of the day.