Mehwish's Plan

Again he felt the same emotion he felt the other day he slapped her and he was not liking it. Asmaira's look was melting his heart and for a second he thought of pulling her in his embrace.

No, no, this is all her fault, his mind screamed at his change of heart.

Frustrated with his inner battle, he stepped back and punched the nearby wall, making Asmaira more petrified of him.

"Shit, Damn it!", he growled.

"You are a nuisance and will always be a nuisance", he screamed at her, making her confused.

"TARA!", he called his secretary and when she finally appeared with the first aid kit he said, "tend to her injury" and with that he stormed out, frustrated with his own change of heart.

Inside his cabin, he laughed bitterly thinking how he just thought of hugging her.

She killed my Raina, how could I think like that, Shit! He thought.

Initially, he thought of asking Tara to send her back home, but looking at the event and how she attracted all the problems he decided to take her with him only.

In the mansion,

"You could have handled it properly, because of your impulsive decision, we will on tomorrow's headline". Salar said.

"Dad, are you telling me to leave that bastard who touched my wife?"Amaan said clearly annoyed with his own words.

Why do I keep calling her my wife? He surprised himself.

"What I meant is, why didn't you introduce her as your wife before? That man would never have done something like that", Salar tried to reason with his furious son.

"I thought she could learn more as a newcomer than as my wife", Amaan lied.

He never intended to introduce her as his wife, purely to keep her away from Kabir he made her work.

"He is Ramesh Singhania's nephew, though they won't dare to retaliate against us, but that doesn't mean he will keep quiet", Salar signed.

"No need to worry, Asmaira will not go to the office, she will be safe in the house". Amaan was now sure that keeping Asmaira around him was not a good idea. With her proximity he gradually had a change of heart for her and it was not good for him.

"By the way, you were still in the meeting, how did you save Asmaira?" Salar was curious.

Amaan froze and was speechless. He didn't know how to explain to his father why he was feeling restless during the meet and felt something was wrong. That's when he came out of the meet with an excuse of a file and what he saw confirmed his doubt.

Lately he started having these alien emotions which he was not able to figure out. He hates Asmaira for killing his Raina but whenever he sees her crying, he feels suffocated and restless.

"I...I forgot my phone in my cabin", with that lie, he walked out of the study, leaving Salar puzzling.

When Amaan went back to the room, he saw Asmaira sleeping with a frown in a fetal position, clutching the quilt tightly. She was murmuring something and out of curiosity when Amaan leaned to hear, he heard her chanting Raina's name.

Looking at her poor state, he felt a squeezing sensation in his chest. Cursing himself, he left his house and went to his penthouse.

It's been a long time since I drank, I think it's because of that I'm feeling like this, Amaan convinced himself.