Slap

Both of them were staring at each other. Asmaira came to her senses only when Amber was taking Kabir away and he was wiggling, seeing him in despair, she ignored Amaan's warnings and hugged Kabir to calm him down. Within seconds Amaan came marching towards them, forcefully took Kabir and gave him to Amber.

"Please, he is not well, let me make him sleep", Asmaira was begging while this was only making her situation worse.

She was crying hysterically trying to hold Kabir who was putting his arms out for her. At that moment she was not afraid of Amaan and her motherly instinct was driving her courage up to hold her child. Suddenly Amaan held her wrist and dragged her out, she trembled with his touch and reality hit her. He was dragging her furiously out of the room, still she was pleading with him to let her make Kabir sleep.

This sudden turn of events did not go unnoticed by the rest of the family. Fariya was confused seeing Amaan enraged and dragging Asmaira mercilessly and Asmaira who was crying was pleading with him. Before she could react Amaan took Asmaira to his room.

He slammed the door closed, pulled Asmaira before him and slapped her hard.

"Slap".

She fell onto the bed bouncing twice, her glasses were thrown off and her hair, which were tied as a bun loosen with the force of the slap shattering all over her face here and there. One hand on her cheek, the other holding the quilt tightly she started crying silently. This was the first time she was slapped by anyone and recollecting what happened just now she was petrified. Not only she went against him, but also he heard Kabir calling her Mumma. She was trembling with fear not daring to raise her head and face him.

Meanwhile Amaan started throwing everything in his fury. Again and again Kabir's voice calling her mother was echoing in his mind, 'she dared to be with him', thought Amaan. He was like a beast at that moment and he was mad with anger.

He was running his hand in his hair in frustration when suddenly he stopped and walked towards her. He leaned on the bed and pulled Asmaira vigorously. Seeing him enraged she started hiccuping. With the force he pulled her, her dress was torn around her neck, revealing her white shoulder and a part of her chest, In his rage he lost control of his sanity, he roughly made her directly face him with an inch difference, with her heavy breath fanning his face.

While squeezing her arm forcefully, he said, "Didn't I tell you not to go near Kabir?". Asmaira closed her eyes due to the pain in her arms, Amaan in his fury did not know how forcefully he was squeezing her arm making her wince in pain. However, her action made him more angry.

"Look at me and answer my question", he jerked her harshly, forcing her to look at him.

The moment her eyes locked with his, he felt something strange. He then noticed how close he was to her that he could actually smell her minty breath, hear her thumping heart, the side of her dress revealing her white shoulder and her eyes! Without her glasses her eyes are clear like crystal holding nothing but innocence. She was crying, hiccuping, breathing heavily and looking at him like a frightened deer looking at its hunter. His emerald green eyes were still staring at her brown eyes and it looked as if the moment froze for him, he felt like he wanted to soothe her. Subconsciously he lessened his force on her arm. His green eyes flashed with concern

Not noticing the change in him she stammered, "I.....I....", but nothing came out of her mouth. His gaze fell on her quivering lower lip and for a second he wanted to rub his thumb to make it stop shivering.

'What the hell is wrong with you?', his conscious roared to make him wake up from his trance. Feeling embarrassed, he closed his eyes briefly and when he opened them again, he was back to the furious Amaan.

He pushed her away from him harshly and warned her, "Do not provoke me to do anything to you", gritting his teeth and with that he left.

Slamming the door hard Amaan left while Asmaira crawled back on the bed, still unaware of her distressed look.

'What should I do now? Please Raina help me, he won't let me anywhere near Kabir', she was crying hysterically breathing heavily thinking about Kabir.

'I need to get out of this room before he comes back', with that thought she stepped out of the bed.

When she saw herself in the mirror, she froze, from her revealing shoulder to her loose hair, everything about her appearance was embarrassing and worse was she was an inch away from Amaan.

She adjusted herself, putting on her glasses and while tying the hair again, she walked to the door. However, she realized the door was locked. She tried many times, much to her horror it was still locked. Amaan practically locked her in the room. This simple action was enough to tell how serious he was about keeping Asmaira away from Kabir.

"What should I do?", Asmaira slid down on the floor sobbing.

Leaving the mansion, Amaan went straight to his penthouse not able to hold his emotions. The moment he came, he directly went to the in-house bar and started drinking. Though on the way down the stairs Fariya tried to inquire about what had happened, he simply ignored her and left.

When the news reached Mehwish she smirked in her little victory, however, there was no stopping for her further schemes.

The night went with Asmaira locked in her room and Amaan immersed in his bar. The next morning, not finding Asmaira at the breakfast, Fariya asked Maya to call her, however much to her shock she was informed about the door being closed. She realized at that moment what seemed to be a calm sea was actually a start of a storm. The silence prevailing between the newly wedded couple was actually the start of a new hurdle.

Fariya understood that there was a problem between Amaan and Asmaira and the reason was Kabir. She was surprised to know that Amaan's was against Asmaira taking care of his son though, Asmaira never complained and also Amaan had assured her to work on his marriage. She had an impulse about her daughter's involvement in the last night's event.

'Is it a mere coincidence?', she was contemplating, nevertheless she had to talk to her son about locking his wife.