The Truth

Mr Bakshi, the commissioner of police was the one who notifies them about Asmaira being in the lockup on charges of prostitution, though the accusation was false but it involves Hashmi's reputation.

While Jamshed and Salar were talking to the commissioner, Amaan walked towards where Asmaira was held. When he entered the room, he saw she was still in the same dress, unconscious. Her clothes were torn and she had hand print marks on her face. The lady constable who was there with her was shivering when she came to know about Asmaira's identity as what she did would put her in a bad situation.

"Sir! I didn't know she belonged to a strong family, we caught her in the red light area and thought she was acting", the lady constable begged while shivering.

"She was just an accused and not guilty, why did you slap her? Bakshi asked sternly. He didn't want to offend someone big like Hashmi for the stupidity of his subordinate.

"She...she was telling to call her husband repeatedly, the other cell mates were arguing for her too. I lost....lost my cool and slapped her". She defended.

"You put her in a cell and you dare to slap her too", Amaan roared while kicking the chair.

"Amaan", Jamshed cools him.

Once out of the station, Salar appreciated Bakshi for his efficiency and for covering the entire incident.

Throughout the way, Amaan was looking at Asmaira. He never felt so much ashamed of himself than he was feeling at that time. He always misjudged her. He always thought she wanted to be like Raina, but it was him who always looked for Raina in her.

Fariya's indifferent behavior added to his misery. She refuses to talk or look at her son. When she saw Asmaira's condition she was glaring at Amaan as if killing him with her looks.

In the Rainbow Children's hospital, Amaan was lying with his half body on the bed while he was in a sitting position.

Beep, beep. Sound of the medical apparatus was resonating in the silent room. Raina was sleeping with an oxygen mask for her troubled breathing.

Due to his uncomfortable sleeping posture Amaan stirred in his sleep with a frown. This movement broke Raina's uneasy sleep and she opened her eyes. She saw Amaan sleeping beside her, holding her hand gently, fearing even a slightest pressure will break her hand. What she saw broke her heart. His disheveled hair, uneven stubble and he had bags under his eyes. From his swollen eyes Raina could guess he cried before sleeping. She tried to remove her hand from his grip ,however, this caused Amaan to immediately jolt.

"Amaan", she said in her hoarse voice; she winced due to a dry throat.

"Raina, how are you feeling now?", Amaan said with panic while holding her hand in his palms.

"Amaan, can you promise me something", Raina said in her weak voice.

"Anything, anything", he said, sounding desperate to make his wife happy.

"Promise me, you will do one thing Ma will ask you to do".

"Yes baby! I promised I will listen to her", he was kissing her hand while his eyes welled up. He had a notion that this conversation would be his last with his wife yet he didn't want to believe.

"It's time. Please call Asmaira", Raina said while she coughed a bit due to her breathing problem.

Amaan reluctantly dialled Asmaira's number, however, even after multiple attempts, she didn't answer he panicked.

Answer the Goddamn phone Asmaira, he thought while he was not breaking his stare on his dying wife.

However, when he heard a timid voice on the other end of the call he immediately put the phone on speaker for Raina.