①What Was That All About?

Taehyung woke up shivering. Although it was March, the weather was still quite cold, and without heating, his small studio apartment was always freezing.

He pulled his feathery, thick blanket over his head and curled up into a ball as yesterday's events infiltrated his mind, overflowing his already blackened heart with despair.

He was working as a bartender, but because he had to work at night, he always looked weary and sleepy. It was his first time doing that job too, and the owner wasn't satisfied at all.

They kept him for a week and then they fired him. And now he had to find another job as soon as possible because he had a ton of bills to pay, and on top of everything, he had the debt his grandmother had left him to pay off.

He couldn't be mad at her, though. She had taken a loan for Taehyung when he was 14. She was paying it back, but with only her pension, it was a slow, difficult process. At least Taehyung had already paid back about €1000, and now he still had €1500 to pay off.

Food was never really a problem for him because he was used to eating twice a day, and sometimes only once. Probably that was why he was skinny and all of his clothes were too big for him. He didn't have many clothes to begin with — two jeans, two dress pants, two sweatpants, four t-shirts, two dress shirts, two sweaters, one jacket. And he had these clothes since he was nineteen. That was the last time he went shopping.

For every job interview, or when he was just wandering around and looking for a job, he wore the same clothes. His burgundy dress shirt and his black dress pants. It was the only somewhat formal outfit he had. So when he finally rolled out of bed, he went to the bathroom to freshen up and then wore his formal outfit.

Once he was ready to leave his studio apartment, his phone started ringing, making him halt abruptly. "Hey, Chim."

"Hey, Tae, where are you?"

"I was about to go out, you know, look for a job."

"Do you wanna join me for a coffee first? And then I'll help you find something."

"You know I can't afford—"

"It's on me you dumbass," he hissed at him. "I'll text you where I am." After saying bye to each other, they hung up.

Not even a minute later, Jimin sent his location, and Taehyung was on his way. Of course, he had to take a bus to get there, and after thirty minutes give or take, he finally arrived.

He observed the place through narrowed eyes as he hadn't been there before. He spotted the "Jjang" restaurant-cafe Jimin said was at and walked inside.

"Over here." Jimin waved at the black-haired boy who just entered.

"How did you find this place?" Taehyung asked as he sat next to him.

"I was bored so I just took the first bus I saw and got off here randomly. Isn't it nice, though?" Jimin grinned as he scoped the cute cafe for the nth time.

"It is." Taehyung chuckled at his friend's reaction. Although he refused over and over Jimin's offer to treat him a coffee, he ordered one for him.

"So what kind of job are you seeking now?"

"Literally anything. I don't care anymore. Well, you know, except prostitution and striptease."

"I wouldn't let you fall that low, Tae, don't worry," Jimin said, a reassuring smile etched on his lips.

"How's your job?"

"Good. I think I'll keep this one for a long time if everything continues like this. I'll ask if they have a spot for you."