⑲For Everything

The two boys resumed bantering after they finished their talk about their deal. One beer turned into two, and one soju turned into three as they cackled almost nonstop. They hit it off rather fast with the help of alcohol as it was a drop awkward at first.

How did they manage to drink that much in only fifty-five minutes, Taehyung really didn't know. He often shot glances at the two, who seemed to be having so much fun together, and for some reason, he felt a flutter of jealousy swim through him. He wanted to be the one who would be there with Jeongguk, chatting and getting drunk.

With his features drawn downwards in gloom, he started cleaning and organizing the bar as it was almost time for him to go home, and he finished soon enough. "Hyung, I'm done."

Inguk crumpled his eyebrows once he saw his deep pout. "Why are you sulking?"

"I'm not."

"And why are you lying about it? I can see you, you know," Inguk snickered, but he received a sigh in response.

"Nothing worth mentioning. Don't worry about it." He showed him a half smile and shuffled towards the exit.

"Tae!" the two boys exclaimed in unison, something that caught Taehyung unawares. They glanced at each other then and burst into laughter, leading the other boy to pout even harder.

"Guys, go home, you're drunk."

"We're not, tell him we're not, Kook," Seokjin slurred and cracked up once more for no particular reason.

"You definitely are, though."

"Tae, join us!" Seokjin chirped as he raised his bottle, only to realize it was empty. "I need another beer."

"No, you need coffee." Another sigh exploded out of his mouth as he sat with them.

"You need a drink though. Such a boomer," Seokjin murmured at last, but they were able to hear him.

Taehyung cast him a death glare. "I'm not in the mood. Stop pissing me off."

"Why, what's wrong?"

To his surprise, Jeongguk leaned against the table and gave him his full attention. "Oh, you can see me now."

"I could see you just fine before too." Jeongguk tsked as he sank back into his seat.

"And apparently, it was too hard for you to greet me like a normal person." He eyed his soju, tapping his foot against the floor. He snatched it out of his hold and chugged it down.

"Yah! That's mine."

"Do I look like I care?" Taehyung sneered and took another swig of his soju.

"Why are you so annoying?"

"Why are you such a jerk?"

"What is going on between you two?" Seokjin asked with narrowed eyes, observing the little amusing scene in front of him from the beginning.

"Nothing, he's just an asshole."

"And he's prickly as always," Jeongguk snapped back, earning a glower from him.

Seokjin roared with laughter at the two boys. "You guys are funny."

An electrified silence fell over them as the two boys looked anywhere but each other. "You know what, I can't understand you! One minute you're caring and considerate, and then you're the biggest asshole I've ever seen," Taehyung went off on him, his forehead puckered in annoyance.

"I don't have to explain myself to you."

"And I don't have to put up with your moody behavior."

"Then don't."