㉔Don't You Think It Will Be Weird?

"Hey, Tae." Baekhyun pulled the boy into a hug once he walked out of the cafe.

"Hey." Taehyung laced his arms around him, but his eyes unwittingly scanned the place, searching for Jeongguk's car. A near-silent sigh seeped through his lips when he realized it wasn't there anymore.

"You ready?"

"Yeah."

Although Baekhyun noticed that something was bothering him, he decided not to say anything at that moment.

They took Baekhyun's car and went to a restaurant that was fifteen minutes away. Once they took their seat, they ordered and made some small talk, but the golden blonde boy could tell that he wasn't in a good mood at all.

"What's wrong?" Baekhyun asked in a soft tone as he wrapped his arm around his shoulders.

"Nothing." Taehyung faked a smile, not venturing to meet his gaze.

"I know you're lying. You're thinking about something." He leaned closer and placed a small kiss on his temple.

"It's nothing really, I'm just tired."

It was true. He was tired, but that wasn't the main reason of his sullen state, and he knew it. He couldn't stop thinking about what happened with the young CEO before. The words he said stung him deeply, and he also felt awful for making Jeongguk think that way.

"It's okay, you can tell me when you're ready." Baekhyun gave him a warm smile and pulled back as their food arrived. They ate in silence mostly as Taehyung was plunged into his thoughts, and Baekhyun didn't know how to make him feel better.

A while later, they left the restaurant and headed to Baekhyun's car. "I wanted to spend some more time with you, but since you're tired, I should drive you home."

"I'm sorry, Baekhyun, I know I wasn't a good company today," Taehyung mumbled as he lowered his head.

"It's okay, I had a good time anyway," he uttered as he slipped his arms around his nape.

"I had a good time too."

Baekhyun drew back just a tad, and a smile stretched on his face as he fondly peered at him. He closed the gap between them, linking their lips into a tender kiss. He tilted his head so he could deepen the kiss, but Taehyung didn't react as he expected; instead of giving in and parting his lips, he stiffened in his arms, something that made him frown.

"Not in the mood for kissing either?"

"I'm sorry, really." Taehyung groaned as he closed his eyes, frustrated.

"Let's go," Baekhyun said since he didn't want to pressure him and got into the car with Taehyung following him.

"Um, you can leave me at the bus stop close to the cafe."

"No, I can drive you home."

"But I don't have a home anymore."

"What do you mean?"

"The landlord raised the rent and it wasn't worth staying there anymore."

"And where are you staying now? Why didn't you say anything yesterday?"

"Jeongguk happened to know about that and offered me to stay at his house until I find something."

"Jeongguk, as in the rich CEO you hate?" Baekhyun asked, scorn dripping from his tone.

"I don't hate him anymore," Taehyung muttered almost inaudibly.

"Why? Because he's helping you?"

The question brought a scowl to Taehyung's face as he shot him a glare. "What are you implying?"