⑩I Said What I Said

A week went by as if the time was moving at a glacial pace for the black-haired boy. With the cast on his leg, everything felt like it was in slow motion for him. He was sick and tired of using his crutches, his arms were aching, and his left leg was extremely weakened. He felt like crying every day, and he did most of the days. Not at work, of course.

One good thing that happened to him was that Baekhyun texted him. They started talking through texts and arranged to meet sometime this week.

Jeongguk stopped going to the cafe every day for his takeout. He only went three days out of seven, something that caught Taehyung's attention, but he didn't question anything to Inguk or him when he saw him.

That week, though, their clientele had increased significantly. That meant more fatigue, but more earnings too. That was why Taehyung managed to gather enough money for his next installment sooner than expected. He even had enough money to pay Jeongguk back for the medical supplies he got for him. Although the CEO said he didn't need the money, and there was no doubt he didn't need it, Taehyung still wanted to pay him back.

He had a gleeful smile on his face as he entered the hospital to pay off his next installment. "Good morning. Kim Taehyung, I'm here to pay the next installment."

"One minute please," the lady at the reception said with a smile and checked something on the computer.

Taehyung noticed her eyebrows furrowing as she continued clicking here and there.

"Mr. Kim, your bill has been paid off."

"What?" he asked, all out baffled. "That's not possible."

"It is, your file has been closed. You don't owe anything."

"Paid by who?"

"Please wait a minute," she said as she made a call. "Hey, Sejin, do you know who paid off Mr. Kim Taehyung's bill?"

The black-haired boy tapped his foot against the floor, feeling his curiosity skyrocket.

"Oh okay, thank you." She finally hung up and looked at the boy. "It was in the donation from JK Auto Company."

"Donation?"

"My fellow told me that the CEO of that company came here a few days ago and made a donation to the hospital for the pediatric department. He said to pay off Mr. Kim's hospital bill too."

Taehyung was left dumbfounded. Why the hell would Jeon Jeongguk pay for my fucking hospital bill? His chest flared with so intense outrage his breath quickened.

"Thank you," he uttered once his primary shock faded and headed out of the hospital. Seeing that he had plenty of time before his shift, he took a bus to JK Auto Company.

He arrived soon enough and walked into the building, but his stern expression softened upon seeing Jisoo wave at him with an excited grin.

"Taehyung, oh my God, it's been so long!"

"Hi, Jisoo."

"Are you okay? What brings you here?"

"I'm hanging in there." He chuckled. "Can you do me a favor?"

"Sure."

"Can you give this to Jeongguk?" He took an envelope out of his pocket and placed it on the counter.

Jisoo's brows creased as she opened the envelope since she was obligated to check everything before it was handed to the CEO. Her confusion deepened once she perceived that the envelope was filled with money. "Why are you giving this to Mr. Jeon?"