㉝You Seem To Know Well About Lies

It was already after seven, and Jeongguk was supposed to be leaving, but he had some things to finish up first. His body ached from sitting for so many hours without taking a break, but he didn't stop working.

A while later, he heard a knock and glanced towards the door, only to see Namjoon peek inside.

"Kook, it's after seven. You should go home."

"I still have some things to do." He focused on his computer again, scrolling through a site with potential investments he could do. He heard Namjoon sighing and then the light click of the door closing.

"Look, I know after what Yoongi said to you that day, you feel like you have to prove something, but you don't, Kook. You'll always have a lot of work, and you won't be able to finish it in one day, no matter how many hours you'll stay here. And it's normal, you're a CEO, you'll always be busy. So stop working for today and go to the cafe. I'm sure Taehyung would be excited to see you there earlier than usual."

"You're right, hyung," Jeongguk muttered as he rubbed his tired eyes with tiny fists.

Namjoon glanced around the office, hesitant, and cleared his throat. "Can I ask you something?" He noticed the other giving him a questioning look as he picked up his things. "Are you and Taehyung friends? We haven't talked about this at all, and I was just wondering."

"Yes, kind of."

"I'm just saying because it's the first time after your father—"

"Hyung. I know."

"I get it, you don't wanna talk about it." Namjoon smiled at him with a dismissive hand gesture and pivoted on his heel.

"It's not that I don't wanna talk about it. It's just that I don't know what to say about it." He released a faint sigh. "Maybe he's just another one of my hyungs?"

Namjoon broke into mild chuckles as he shook his head. "Sorry to ruin it for you, but we have never cuddled you because we couldn't sleep otherwise. Yes, Yoongi told us," he explained when he espied his baffled look. "He's special to you, and you can't even hide it anymore. I'm sure you know the reason too. You just have to come to grips with it." He gave him a firm nod as a goodbye, followed by a mellow smile, and then exited the office.

But is this really the reason or am I just lonely? Jeongguk heaved a long sigh as he dragged his feet to the door. He resumed to plod down the hallway and got into the elevator. He faked a smile to those who greeted him and arrived at the lobby. Once he was out of the building, he slipped into his car but didn't start driving right away.

He just sat there, gripping the wheel, wallowed in his thoughts. How can I know if I want him... for him? He felt outright confused after what Namjoon said to him. He had no idea about these things, he never craved anyone, he had never fallen for anyone. In school, he just had some crushes, but nothing too serious that managed to baffle him so much as it did at that moment.

A while later, he started the engine and drove towards the cafe. To be honest, he didn't want to see Taehyung because that would make everything even more confusing. But he said that he would pick him up, and he had to talk to Inguk too.

He reached his destination soon enough, and once he parked the car outside of the cafe, he drew in a mouthful of soothing air before he entered. He spotted Taehyung right off, sitting on a stool behind the bar with what seemed like a pouty expression on his face.

"Hey." He forced a smile and noticed how Taehyung snapped his head in his direction, his pout reshaping into a beam in no time.

"Hi! You came earlier." Although it was almost eight and Jeongguk should have finished work at seven, the older felt relieved that he didn't stay at the office until eight thirty as usual.