㉑What Do You Mean Then?

One thing occupied Taehyung's mind until the moment he fell asleep: it didn't mean anything. And this phrase came to his mind when he woke up the next day as well.

Another disturbing thing that happened first thing in the morning was that his landlord came to his apartment. He informed him that he had to raise the rent, and Taehyung was left dumbfounded. Who would pay €200 for a shithole like that? He said that if he didn't want to renew the contract, he had a week to leave.

He managed to push the sudden news out of his head, but one thought still lingered in his mind. He chanted mentally that it didn't mean anything, and at some point, he convinced himself and finally stopped thinking about it when he went for his shift.

For him, it was as if it never happened.

After some time with everything going smoothly at work, a familiar golden blonde boy made his way into the cafe.

"Baekhyun! Hi," Taehyung exclaimed with a grin.

"Hi, handsome." He chuckled upon seeing his cute, wide smile.

"You disappeared."

"I know, the other server at work took a leave and I had to work double shifts." Baekhyun sighed as he perched on a stool.

"I bet it was exhausting."

"It was, so they gave me a day off since the other guy returned."

"That's nice!"

"How have you been?"

"Good, same, boring, you know."

"Did you miss me at all?" Baekhyun folded his arms over the counter and asked with something playful laced in his voice.

The black-haired boy giggled timidly at his question. "I did."

"Good, because I wanted to ask you out on a date after your shift."

Taehyung's eyes popped at the unexpected proposal. The last time he was on a date was almost six years ago, and he would be lying if he said that he wasn't freaking out about the thought of going on a date again.

"Relax, nothing too serious," Baekhyun reassured once he discerned his stunned expression. "I just want to see you outside of here finally."

The corner of his lips tipped up into a bashful smile as he glanced away. "Okay, let's do that then. But I still have to work for one and a half hour."

"It's fine. I can keep you company until you finish."

It was perfect. Taehyung didn't have a single thought about Jeongguk, and he couldn't be happier. Indeed, it didn't mean anything. He was worried about nothing.

A group of people slipped into the cafe that caught Taehyung's attention, and his smile found an early death when he saw Jeongguk stand in front of the bar just seconds later, gazing at him with an expression he couldn't comprehend.

"Hi," the young CEO uttered while he shot a glare at the golden blonde boy, who was sitting a little further away from him.

"Um, hey." Taehyung forced a smile as he peeked at him. "What can I get you?"

Jeongguk glimpsed sideways once again and returned his gaze to him. "Nothing, I just wanted to say hi," he said as he lifted an indifferent shoulder, taking the other by surprise.

"Oh, okay," Taehyung mumbled and ducked his head as he felt timid.

"Do you want to join us once you finish your shift?"