㊳I'll Let You Think About It

It was quiet at his work for a while, and Taehyung took the opportunity to call his orthopedic. He had the splint for a while now, and he was supposed to take it off that week. But to make sure that everything was okay, he arranged an appointment with the doctor for the next day. Also, the next day he would go to the bank to finally pay off his debt. He really couldn't wait to do that.

"Tae, we have a lot of orders, and I need Ten to do some deliveries too. Can you handle the bar and take over his spot for a while?"

"Oh, sure, don't worry about it," Taehyung reassured smilingly.

"You're the best!" Inguk exclaimed and scuttled back to the kitchen.

It wasn't so different for Taehyung since they had more deliveries than customers in the cafe, so everything went by smoothly. As he was sitting on a stool, keeping an eye on the customers in case they wanted anything, his phone started buzzing, and he took it out of his pocket. His brows pulled together in a frown as an unfamiliar number was displayed on the screen.

"Hello?"

"Hello, is this Kim Taehyung?"

"Um, yes, who is this?"

"I'm Jung Jihoon, manager of Seoul Ace Models agency. One of our photographers showed me your work and I would like to meet you. How does that sound?"

The black-haired boy was all out baffled about what was happening. "Why would you want to meet me?"

"I want to work with you. I'm looking for a model for a new clothing company and I want you."

Taehyung was left dumbfounded. He didn't think he did such a good job that someone other than Jeongguk would offer him a job. "Are you serious?"

"I'm always serious when it's about business." The man sounded rather confident. "Can we meet up tomorrow?"

"Will it take long? I start my shift at three."

"No, I just want to see you up close and talk about business. Will you have time?"

"Of course, I can come by the agency around twelve o'clock?"

"Perfect. See you tomorrow then, Mr. Kim."

What the actual fuck? Taehyung stared at his phone once they hung up, still in a maze. But a spark of excitement bloomed in his belly at the unexpected offer.

After some time, he spotted Jeongguk entering the cafe and a gleeful smile surfaced on his lips. But when he saw Yoongi trail behind him, the smile on his face hardened.

"Hey," Jeongguk greeted, not failing to notice his stiff expression.

"Um, hi," he said, uneasy, as he shot a glance at Yoongi.

There was a moment of awkward silence between the three before Yoongi cleared his throat. "Can we talk?"

"I'm working."

"You know what, let's just drink a beer, and after his shift, he can join us, hmm?" Jeongguk chimed in with a sweet smile.

Taehyung nodded. "Two beers then?"

"Yes."

"You can sit. I'll serve them to you."

"Why are you serving? Where's Ten?"

"We have a lot of deliveries and Inguk asked me to cover for Ten as he helps with the deliveries," Taehyung explained as he grabbed two beers from the fridge.

"I'll talk to him. I don't like that he's making you do extra work."

"No, it's okay. I don't mind. We don't have many customers, anyway," Taehyung said. His gaze traveled behind Jeongguk where a group of people was sitting and noticed someone making him a sign to go there. "Where are you gonna sit? I have to go."