chapter 02

about a week or two have passed and the three fortunately managed to hang out. they found the perfect opportunity to spend time to do things together.

"y/n,"
"oh kei, what's up?"
"you look horrible," he blurted out, making y/n scowl in annoyance.

he frowned at y/n, and observed every single thing that looks different at her. tsukki wondered the reason behind this.

"are you getting enough sleep?" he asked while glancing at his watch, trying to not sound overly interested.

"kind of, i'm just studying really hard,"

tsukishima squeezed his eyes shut as if it would make y/n tell the truth. "good excuse. now what’s the real reason?" he replied, raising an eyebrow.

"whatever," y/n groaned, rolling her eyes in annoyance.

"mf i was just asking," he mumbled to himself, making sure y/n doesn't hear him.

tsukishima wore his headphones and remained shut. his silence was somehow comforting and spoke for itself, it was peaceful in a way where you could feel comfortable opening up. this was when y/n decided to tell him whatever she has to say.

"kei, i want to ask you something," y/n muttered, tapping tsukishima's shoulder.

tsukishima nodded. "okay, go ahead."
"would it be okay if — "
"akaashi-san! can you please help me understand this topic in english?" someone interrupted.

after taking a glance of the said person, y/n nodded while tsukishima looked away, completely discouraged with the situation they're in.

"yeah sure." y/n replied and showed her a small smile. "well then, i'll see you later, kei!" she then waved goodbye.

"okay. later then."

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

y/n was walking down the corridor leading to her classroom (class 1-5) when she heard yamaguchi's voice from afar, so she rushed her way to their classroom.

she was about to knock and excuse her friends when yamaguchi greeted her.

"tadashi-kun! i was just about to call you," y/n panted, grinning as she clamped a hand over each of his wrists.

"hi y/n! if you're looking for tsukki, he was called by our adviser but i don't know why." yamaguchi replied. "are you okay?" he furrowed his eyebrows, an expression of concern was visible all over his face.

"i’m fine, thank you. let's eat lunch together if you’re free!" she suggested while fixing her messy hair.

"i’m free so sure!" yamaguchi agreed. "this is really random but i sometimes wonder how fun it’d be if you’re our classmate," he added.

"i’d like to be classmates again with the both of you too!"

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

"no way... did you tell tsukki yet?" yamaguchi asked and his voice was full of concern.

"not yet .. i’m afraid he’ll get mad at me for not telling him sooner."

"you're transferring in fukurodani in two weeks and you're not gonna tell tsukki about this yet? don't you think he'll get more mad at you if you kept silent about it?" he explained, making y/n more anxious and worried.

"how did this even happen in the first place?" yamaguchi bombarded her with questions.

y/n laughed nervously and felt like she was being interrogated in an inteview.

"my aunt is going abroad. i won’t have anyone with me at home. i told them i can manage, but they wanted to make sure of my safety and all," y/n sighed in defeat. "i’m afraid kei will avoid me if ― "

"avoid you? why do you think that?"

yamaguchi and y/n froze, they remained still and tried to act calm but they obviously didn't know what to reply and what to do.

"tsukki, you're here!" yamaguchi sweatdropped.
"yes?" tsukishima raised an eyebrow, still wondering what they were talking about earlier.

"wait, why were you called?" y/n asked, avoiding the topic earlier. tsukishima flinched and his eyes twitched in annoyance.

"they asked me about the volleyball team since i was the first member they met at the corridors."

"oh cool!" y/n said.
"y/n is there something bothering you?"
"nothing?" y/n replied.
"okay. i just asked."

"y/n, tsukki, let's go back now. lunch time's almost over!" yamaguchi exclaimed, changing the subject.
"right. let's go, kei!"

"uh, sure." tsukishima replied, noticing the odd behavior of both his friends.

if the both of you are hiding something from me, try making it less obvious. it’s not like i care that much though. tsukishima thought.