chapter 07

"you didn't walk with y/n today?" yamaguchi asked while tsukishima fixed his things since he just arrived.
"nope. someone's taking her to school today." tsukishima replied.
"who could that―"

"kei, good morning!" y/n said making yamaguchi flinch. "hi tadashi kun, good morning too!!" she continued.
"good morning, y/n!" yamaguchi exclaimed.

"morning, idiot." tsukishima flicked y/n's forehead.
"ow wtf why do you always do that?" y/n asked while rubbing her forehead with her left hand.
"because i like to do so," he replied, making y/n roll her eyes.

after class, y/n waited for tsukishima since they go home together. she was hesitating to wait for him because she assumed tsukki would go home by himself since he knew that someone would walk y/n home.

she was standing silently in the corridor in front of her class when she saw a silhouette in her peripheral vision.

"oh, i thought you wouldn't come." y/n said, scratching the back of her head.
"i figured you'd wait for me so i came. it would be very rude of me to leave without checking, you know." he replied, checking y/n face.

there was a complete silence between them but tsukishima decided to speak.
"by the way y/n, who walked with y―"
"oh no of course he'd fetch me. HAZU WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE" y/n exclaimed, making tsukishima look at who y/n was referring to. he saw a male-looking figure standing beside the gate of their school.

"y/n, lower your voice, it's embarrassing." hazuki said.
"i make the rules! but seriously, what are you doing here?" y/n asked.
"fetching you, obviously." he replied.

ah, so this was the person who took her to school, tsukishima thought.

"and who might this be, y/n? is he a friend of yours or something?" hazuki asked, pointing at tsukishima.
"ah yeah," y/n nodded at tsukki, making him continue the introduction she started.
"tsukishima kei, i'm y/n's friend." he replied.

"oh hi tsukishima-san," hazuki raised an eyebrow, recognizing the name of y/n's crush. "i'm ryota hazuki, y/n's boyfriend."

tsukishima and y/n flinched upon hearing her cousin's reply. "that's literally a lie, she's bitchless." tsukki replied, chuckling.

"hazu is this one of your tricks where you'd pretend as my bf or some shit???" y/n came closer to hazuki's ear, whispering the words.

"sadly yeah it is, good luck to me ig." hazuki laughed, while y/n sweatdropped at his actions.

"sorry i don't ever recall asking but okay," tsukishima said.
"i cant believe you're friends with him, y/n," hazu sweatdropped.
"sadly i am.."

there was silence.
but to their surprise, tsukishima decided to break it himself. "ryota-san, do you have a minute?"

"yeah i do. you need me?" hazuki asked as to which he responded with a nod.

before they left for a short talk, tsukishima looked back to have a glance of y/n and whispered, "wait for me here. i'll walk you home."

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

"what do you need and why does it have to be in private?"

tsukishima was about to say something when hazuki interrupted him.
"kindly hurry, i have to walk y/n home as early as possible."

"three things."

"firstly, i do not know who you are ― but i will respect you as long as you're someone special to y/n,"

"second, i'm not stupid enough to think the both of you are in a relationship. i'm utterly aware that you are not her boyfriend and will never be."

"and third,"
"and third?"

"i'll walk her, don't mess with my schedule. that's pretty much it so if you may excuse me thank you,"

hazuki chuckled, "i hate people in love," he smiled to himself. "he better take good care of her."

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

"kei, what happened there?" y/n asked as they walk home.

"he said he had an errand and i had to walk you home," tsukishima replied. "i never heard you mention your "boyfriend" when you told me about the heart thing," he sarcastically said.

y/n remembered about the time she told him about those people who holds a special place in her heart. "but i do love hazuki though," she replied.

just.. not in that way of course, she thought.

"so that basically makes five," tsukishima chuckled.

"five?" y/n wondered as she mentioned every person she could think of, "my brother, my three best friends, hazuki, andno, six."

"who's the other one?"
"none of your business."

tsukishima smiled to himself.
that better be me.