chapter 17

"what?" tsukishima asked, raising his eyebrow.
"that's like the second time you did that," y/n replied, looking away to hide her flustered face from tsukishima.

"did what?" tsukki knew what she was talking about so he continued mocking her with it.
"that!" y/n exclaimed, kicking the stone she saw on the ground. "n-nevermind, dumbass."

"the fuck is 'that'?"

y/n took her phone in her pocket, groaning. she unlocked her phone, checking tsukishima's number in her inbox.

. . .

12:00 AM
y/n
i'd rather talk to hazuki than you, dumbass! good night, sodium chloride.

12:02 AM
the lamppost i hate
who even is he, is he just a friend or yours that you met online or what

12:03 AM
y/n
not telling!! are you jealous or something? LMFAOO

12:05 AM
the lamppost i hate
absolutely not LMFAOOO as long as you don't let anyone hold your heart, then that's fine. no one would probably be able to handle you.

12:07 AM
y/n
what are you now? an over protective friend or something?

12:08 AM
the lamppost i hate
nope, your boyfriend soon.

"THIS, YOU FORGETFUL BASTARD!" y/n showed tsukishima the message, "mf keeps on giving me the wrong idea,"

tsukishima leaned closer to y/n to take a good look at her phone.
"nice nickname you got there," he said, letting out a short chuckle which made y/n glare at him.

"and oh, i'm not giving you the wrong idea." tsukishima stated, looking at y/n's eyes with an emotionless face.

"kei you're really weird sometimes yk,"
"am not."
"you are,"
"i'm not."

"you―"
"i mean it's not impossible," tsukishima softly murmured which y/n unfortunately heard. her eyes slightly widened in embarrassment, struggling to find the right words to reply.

"plus, i'm only like this when i'm with you," he stated as he put both his hands in the opposite pockets of his hoodie.

"hmm really, so that means i'm special to you," y/n said as she looked up to see tsukishima's face, slighty smiling to herself.

"maybe," he replied.

"we're here, y/n. look there's ice cream over there, do we buy?" tsukki said, changing the topic.

"they better have my favorite, let's go kei" y/n exclaimed.
"sure, let's go grab some." tsukishima replied, gently grabbing her wrist and leading the way.

"we'd like to have two―"
"i don't feel like eating, just order yours, i'm good."
"sure, " y/n faced the ice cream seller, correcting what she said earlier, "oh sorry, three cups for one, please. thank you."

"okay. what flavor?"
"(favorite ice cream flavor) please."

after preparing her order, the vendor handed y/n her ice cream. her eyes sparkled upon seeing her food. after all, she believes that food is her life.

"thank you!" y/n grabbed her wallet to pay up. she was about to pay, "here's the payment―"
"here," tsukishima handed the vendor his money. he looked at y/n and said, "i'll pay, don't mind returning it."

"what a nice boyfriend you have here," the old man which happens to be the vendor, smiled at the both of them.

"ah, w-well―"
"she's actually my best friend,"

y/n's heart stopped moving for a while upon hearing tsukishima's response. she felt mixed emotions as she mentally cursed herself for overthinking.

"for now, at least." tsukishima mumbled which y/n didn't hear.

y/n started eating her ice cream peacefully with a hint of confusion in her eyes, not realizing that tsukki noticed that expression of hers.

"thank you, sir. we'll go ahead," he continued.

he looked at y/n's face again, then up in the sky.

no need to rush, we'll take it slow, dummy. tsukishima thought to himself as he glanced at y/n with a small smile.

what the fuck, i'm being cheesy again.