chapter 03

after school, tsukishima and y/n decided to meet up with each other.

tsukishima walked quietly and kept his eyes focused on the road. however, y/n, who was deep in thoughts, was thinking of a way to tell him that she'll leave miyagi to transfer to fukurodani since there were only two weeks left to make the best use of their time.

"kei, i really hate studying," y/n blabbered. " i really really really hate it." she complained once more.

"just how many times have you said that while we're walking? ten? no, maybe thirteen so shut up. i get it, okay?"

"don't 'shut up' me, you're the one who can't even think of something we can talk about," y/n murmured, avoiding his gaze.

"fine, i'm sorry." he replied, sighing. y/n flinched as soon as she heard tsukki's response.

"i was only kidding!" y/n nervously laughed, only to be greeted by silence.

few minutes later, the complete absence of sound caressed y/n's skin like a cool summer breeze.
and so to make sure the quietness won't grow any deeper, she decided to speak up.

.
.
.

"kei, do you like someone?"

"eh? that came out of the blue, the hell." tsukishima chuckled.
"do you?" y/n asked, trying to get the topic back since she can't really think of anything else.

"yea i do have one person in mind.. i guess," he straightforwardly replied.

y/n can see how tranquil and unbothered he is despite the unusual subject they're discussing.

"i like someone too." y/n blurted out.
"i didn't ask."

"you absolutely suck,"
"thank you," tsukishima mocked, trying so hard controlling his laughter.

"what are they like?"
"i don't know. everyone looks at others differently, you know?"

"nevermind then," y/n sighed.

"the only thing i know is that, they make me smile to myself secretly." tsukishima said, still wearing his usual expression in his face. "nevermind, that was cheesy."

"cheesy."
"i know, idiot," tsukishima replied.

"we're here already."
y/n and tsukishima stood up infront of y/n's front door.

"yeah you're right. see you tomorrow, be careful on your way home!" y/n waved tsukishima goodbye.

"i'd still be careful even if you didn't tell me to do so." tsukishima raised his hand, waving goodbye. and with that, they parted ways.

"this is definitely why we both despise each other." y/n mumbled, chuckling to herself as she harshly searched for the front door keys in her bag.

little did she know, her crush, kei, was smiling to himself while walking home.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

"tadashi-kun can you believe that kei actually likes someone!?!?" y/n exclaimed, gently shaking yamaguchi's shoulder.
"well.. to be honest, i was actually aware he that does..." yamaguchi replied while he nervously looked away.

"KEI I KNEW IT. U'D KEEP SOMETHING LIKE THIS FROM ME."

"calm down. why do i even have to deal with you every day again?" tsukishima replied.

"well probably because i'm your best friend?" y/n mocked him, making sure he'll feel annoyed.
"i've never really said i look at you as my best friend, thank you very much." tsukishima smirked, taunting her back.

not long enough, y/n realized that she was the one getting pissed even though she was planning to make tsukishima annoyed in the first place.

"this shit," she mumbled to herself, the muscles under her left eye twitching nervously.

yamaguchi smiled to himself, letting out a giggle. "here we go again with an another argument of these two."

"yamaguchi, shut up."
"sorry, tsukki."