chapter 11

y/n stared at the calendar on her desk as she lazily takes down notes. she was so busy thinking about what will happen this month.

today's september 16.

hazu will leave on the 20th since he arrived here in miyagi on september 13.

kei's birthday is on the 27th of september.

i'll leave karasuno and move to fukurodani on september 28.

damn, this month is so fucked up. there's a lot going on. she thought to herself.

"akaashi-san, are you paying attention to my class?"

y/n sat straight, "i-i'm sorry, sir!" she apologized as the whole class laughed. she sweatdropped.

shit, that was embarrassing. y/n thought.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

classes just ended.
y/n sighed heavily as soon as she remembered she did something hilarious earlier, more like embarrassing.

"argh, why did i even space out that time," she groaned.

she was about to put her head down to rest for a while when her phone vibrated.

04:05 PM
the lamppost i hate
give me five minutes. we have a group meeting.

04:06 PM
y/n
sure. i'm resting right now so i don't mind.

04:07 PM
the lamppost i hate
k, later then.

y/n closed her eyes, finding a way to feel comfortable at her desk. she fell asleep as soon as she felt comfortable.

ten minutes later, tsukishima arrived at class 1-5. he noticed that y/n's the only one left and she was sleeping peacefully.

he approached y/n, slightly tapping her shoulder. "sorry, that took longer than i expected." tsukishima said.

"it's fine," y/n said as she stretched her arms. "let's go?"

tsukishima nodded in response.

"you look peaceful when you're asleep. the exact opposite when you're awake." tsukishima smirked, teasing y/n.

"SHUT UP DUMBASS," y/n exclaimed, making Tsukishima smirk wider.
"back at you,"
"i hate you."
"i hate you more, y/n."

days have passed and it was always tsukishima fetching y/n at home, walking her home, teasing each other. the usual.

━━━━━━ ♮♬♪♭ ━━━━━━

(september 18)

"kei, my cousin's leaving in two days." y/n said.
"ah, is that so?" tsukishima asked, genuinely.

"why do you have to be like this?"
"it's not sarcastic, y/n. i was asking nicely, dumbass." tsukishima replied making y/n chuckle.

"pft, you sound sarcastic all the time," she mumbled, making tsukishima roll his eyes. "anyway, he's leaving in two more days so he told me to ask you to eat dinner with us for two nights since he likes to talk to you."

y/n fiddled with her fingers nervously, and she got that from keiji.
i mean, they are siblings.

"it's really rare for him to do that so i hope you agree." she said.

"sure," y/n looked at tsukki as she smiled softly at him. "i don't mind." he continued.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

"i'm home!" y/n exclaimed as she opened the front door.
"i cooked dinner." hazuki replied.

"kei's here!" she said, making tsukishima slightly bow,
"good evening."

the three of them sat on the dining table. it was quiet yet comfortable.

"how was school?" hazuki asked, breaking the silence.
"i fucking embarrassed myself in class," y/n replied, furrowing her eyebrows at her food, while tsukishima and hazuki chuckled in response.

"what happened?"
"i was spacing out in the middle of a lecture." y/n replied, looking away.

"what an idiot." tsukishima laughed as he continued eating his food.
"HEY! IT WAS YOnevermind."

it was your fault, y/n whispered, looking away.

"by the way, i asked keiji about the accident." y/n said as she stuffed food in her mouth.

"what did he say?" hazuki replied.

"he said it happened on september 27," y/n said. "and i immediately remembered that kei's birthday is on september 27 too. is that a coincidence or something?" she continued.

hazuki and tsukishima faced each other.
"your birthday?"
"yeah," tsukki said.

"do you remember anything else?" hazuki asked.

y/n hummed in response, facing the both of them. "i gave kei a gift that day too, of course."

tsukishima's eyes widen, a sad smile formed in his lips but hazuki and y/n didn't notice.

"i don't know what you're talking about but i'm glad you're starting to recall whatever happened that day," hazuki replied.

"me too." y/n said, smiling.