chapter 06

after the camp, y/n headed home while keiji stayed at tokyo. they were all exhausted but it was really fun and productive since they all realized that they can still improve individually and as a team.

09:18 PM
best bro ever <3
hey y/n, how's your trip? home already or?

09:40 PM
y/n
hi keiji thank you for checking on me ^_^ i came earlier than expected.  sorry for the late reply, i took a shower right after arriving home.

09:42 PM
best bro ever <3
okay. i was worried for a while since it took you so long to reply.

09:43 PM
y/n
I SAID IM SORRY STOP well then, i'm sleepy already. goodnight!!!

09:45 PM
best bro ever <3
goodnight, y/n!

y/n smiled to herself. after setting up her alarm, she throwed her phone above her head. she hugged her pillow, making herself comfortable.

right when she's about to close her eyes, her phone vibrated.

she opened her eyes, immediately checking her phone.

oh, a message from my brother, y/n thought.

09:58 PM
best bro ever <3
i forgot to tell you something. hazuki is almost there, i heard he's staying over there for a week.

09:59 PM
y/n
ARE YOU FOR REAL

10:01 PM
best bro ever <3
...yeah.

"y/n, someone's at the door! kindly check it please," her aunt said.

"ah, sure!" y/n rushed to the door.
"hang on a sec, i'm on my way!" y/n shouted.

she opened the door, her eyes widened after seeing who it was. he was wearing a plain black shirt, jeans and rubber shoes with a baggage on his hand.

"hazu! you're here!" y/n smiled brightly at him.
"y/n, it's been a while," the boy named hazuki said. "can i come in?" he asked and y/n nodded in response.

"head over the room beside mine. it's a vacant room for the guests." y/n said.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

"you seriously got on a wrong train?" y/n laughed as hazuki looked away, blushing out of embarrassment.

"now that's a pretty nice way to welcome your cousin," hazuki furrowed his eyebrows.

"too funny to be true, you're very embarrassing," y/n said as he giggled at the sight of y/n.

y/n and hazuki were really close relatives. they share the same age but her cousin was taller. they've been close since they were nine.

y/n scanned her cousin's facial features. he looks better? more decent than the last time she met him. no wonder girls at his school likes him but he's not interested in dating anyone anymore. he doesn't really care.

hazuki tends to wear an emotionless expression most of the time but smiles and does other expressions when keiji and y/n are around.

they went silent for a while but y/n decided to break the silence since hazuki was paying attention to his phone now.

"how's your wound?"
Hazuki looked at her. "y/n, it already healed a year ago. now it's just a scar," he replied, still focused on his phone.

"it was really my fault you got that." y/n blurted.

"it's alright, y/n," hazuki looked at her. "accidents happen, plus i'm glad i was of help that time. no one wanted you to get hurt. that would have been worse, you know," he said, making y/n smile.

"oh by the way, are you dating anyone already? or are you still single af, huh?" hazuki teased, giggling at his own corny question. y/n knows very well how he was treated by the person he liked, and she also knew he's just being protective.

"i'm dating no one, dumbass. still single and i like it that way i think!" y/n replied, avoiding eye contact.

"well maybe not maybe i heard from keiji that you like someone.. who might the lucky guy be?" hazuki smirked, making y/n flinch.

"shut up." she murmured. hazuki laughed at her reply.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

"i told you, you don't necessarily need to take me to school. i can walk on my own you know.." y/n said.

"says the person who apologized to someone after telling them you can't walk with them today since there's someone else taking you to school." hazuki said.

"shut up," y/n pouted. "i wanted to walk with him, that's why," she mumbled to herself.

"oh, it's a guy?" hazuki asked. y/n nodded.
"let me guess, he's the person you're interested wiow!" y/n elbowed her cousin and looked away, making hazuki glare at her.

when they arrived at karasuno, hazuki waved goodbye at y/n.

"study well, bye!" hazuki said.
"no thank you, i'd rather sleep than study in class, bye!" y/n joked, making hazuki roll his eyes.