chapter 31

on their way home, tsukishima's phone vibrated, making him check his phone right away.

akaashi-san (just now)
good mor...—[click to open message]

01:14 AM
akaashi-san
good morning, tsukishima. i'm sorry for the in​con​ve​nience, but y/n's not responding to my messages. may i ask if she's still with you?

tsukishima sighed while looking at y/n. maybe her phone was on silent mode, he thought.

of course, he never opened y/n's phone since he never wanted to cross the line whether he's friends or lovers with her. if he'd do that, he would ask for y/n's permission first.

01:16 AM
tsukki
good morning, akaashi-san. yes y/n's still with me and she's asleep right now.

01:17 AM
akaashi-san
she fell asleep? sorry she's goofy right now. and oh, happy birthday!

01:18 AM
tsukki
no it's okay, she enjoyed herself. thank you, akaashi-san.

01:18 AM
akaashi-san
ah, that's nice. by the way our aunt texted me just now that she already left. she accidentally brought the keys with her so uh..

01:19 AM
tsukki
what's supposed to happen now? is there another way?

01:20 AM
akaashi-san
i actually thought of bringing her to tokyo today but it'll take me hours to get there. do you mind waiting?

tsukishima stared at his screen for a while, thinking of ways to help.

01:23 AM
tsukki
yeah sure, i'll let her stay at home for the time being. we'll wait.

he sighed.

01:24 AM
akaashi-san
thank you, tsukishima-kun.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

01:30 AM
tsukki
on second thought, can you let her stay over until the afternoon?

tsukishima stared at his phone, waiting for a reply.

01:32 AM
akaashi-san
why?

01:33 AM
tsukki
i wanna spend my time with y/n before she goes.

01:34 AM
akaashi-san
okay sure, i think she'd like that too. kindly take care of her. i trust you, tsukishima.

01:35 AM
tsukki
i will, thank you.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

tsukishima unlocked the door and headed straight to his bedroom. he placed y/n to his bed and stretched his back right after.

"shit, my back kinda hurts." he mumbled, frowning at y/n.

he placed his things to the table and fixed everything that they worked on earlier, closing the door and windows before opening the air conditioner.

"y/n, aren't you gonna take a shower first? i'll let you borrow some of my clothes," he said, trying to wake her up.

"no, aunt. let me sleep," she replied, making tsukishima's eyes twitch in annoyance.

"idiot," he muttered while tucking her in bed. he wrapped a blanket around her and placed his dinosaur plushie—shima beside her. "don't blame me if you suddenly feel cold."

he sighed as he stared at y/n who was sleeping so soudly. "good night," he mumbled, smiling to himself.

tsukishima, who was carrying a pillow and a blanket, made his way downstairs. he laid down and decided to sleep on the sofa.

and before he slept, he made sure that his phone will alarm on time.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

09:14 AM

"why the fuck am i here?" y/n frowned, trying to remember everything that happened.

she immediately made her way downstairs and saw tsukishima preparing breakfast.

"what the fuck am i doing here?" she shouted, startling tsukki.

"can you fucking keep your voice down?" tsukishima glared at y/n while gesturing her to check her phone.

best bro ever <3 [11 unread messages]

"oh," y/n stared at her phone, processing what happened.

afterwards, y/n replied to her brother and explained everything. she apologized and made sure keiji wasn't worrying about her anymore.

"here. i bought you a toothbrush, soap and a shampoo for the time being." he remarked. "not sure if you have a spare underwear but i bought you one too just in case..." he mumbled, whispering the last part.

"and for the clothes, i'll let you choose whatever you think fits you. grab shorts and a hoodie upstairs, is that alright?"

"kei, this is fucking embarrassing," she mumbled.
"and yet you still pointed it out.."

"thank you.." she muttered, immediately making her way upstairs and the comfort room.

minutes later, y/nwas done fixing herself and made her way to the dining table. she sat and made herself comfortable.

"you look tiny again." tsukishima remarked as he stared at y/n.

"lamppost," she glared at him, earning a chuckle from him.

"by the fucking way, did you sleep beside me or—"
"i slept on the sofa." tsukishima interrupted her while placing (favorite breakfast) to the table.

"eat up, shorty. let's have fun today."

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

sadly, this book is coming to an end soon <3 i'm sincerely thankful to everyone for the continued support! ♡