chapter 12

(september 19)

06:58 AM
the lamppost i hate
wake up, idiot. i'm coming over at 7:15 am.

07:02 AM
the lamppost i hate
you still alive?

07:04 AM
the lamppost i hate
maybe you're dead already.

07:07 AM
the lamppost i hate
what the hell, y/n. i'm coming over in eight more minutes. i swear if you're still asleep—classes start at 8 am, you better be up.

07:10 AM
the lamppost i hate
fuck, i'm going there NOW.

y/n was still peacefully sleeping when she heard a loud knock on her door.

"GEEZ, I'M TRYING TO SLEEP! FIVE MORE MINUTES PLEASE," y/n said.

hazuki knocked and entered her room, slightly shaking y/n to wake her up, "y/n, tsukishima's already downstairs. he's waiting for you."

"AT FUCKING 4 AM?" hazuki furrowed his eyebrows upon hearing what y/n said.
"what do you mean? it's past seven already." he replied making y/n shocked and confused.

freaking out, she immediately checked her phone.

07:18 AM

the lamppost i hate [5 unread messages]

the lamppost i hate [1 missed call]

"my phone was on silent mode, i forgot to change it, shit" she immediately grabbed her bathrobe, running towards the bathroom.

hazuki slightly chuckled at y/n's actions as he walked downstairs to continue with what he was doing.

"her phone was on silent mode," hazuki said as tsukishima deadpanned.

"i should've left her and went to school myself." tsukki replied, grabbing a chair. his words made hazuki let out a soft chuckle.

"yeah, you should've done that."

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

"YOU. ARE. AN. IDIOT." tsukishima half-yelled at y/n as they ran their way to karasuno high, continuously checking the time.

"AND I SAID I WAS SORRY!" y/n replied, feeling guilty as tsukishima rolled his eyes at her.

"it's already 7:54 am right now. fuck this, i hate being late." tsukishima said as he ran faster.

"hey, wait up!"

the both of them ran as fast as they can. s soon as they saw their school from a distance, they both sighed in relief.

ring!

"damn that was close," y/n said, hyperventilating.
"thank you for making me waste my energy," tsukishima sarcastically said as he gasped for air. "but i'm sorry for yelling earlier, y/n, it was rude." 

"well at least we're not late! and yeah it's alright, it was my fault so don't worry, dummy."

"yeah yeah, sure. see you later then," tsukki waved goodbye as he walked his way to his classroom.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

the three best friends—tsukishima, yamaguchi, and y/n sat at the rooftop. the usual place where they eat together.

"by the way, tadashi-kun," y/n said, making yamaguchi look at her with crumbs in his cheek.

"you have something on your cheek!" y/n giggled and grabbed yamaguchi's handkerchief, wiping the crumbs in his face. "thank you, y/n. t-that was embarrassing, don't do that!" yamaguchi replied, slightly blushing.

"sorry! won't do it again!" y/n said.

"so um, yeah. i feel really bad that you don't join us anymore when we walk home. so.. i'm sorry for that?" she continued, making yamaguchi smile warmly at her.

"na-uh, it's fine!" he shook his head. besides, i walk with yachi-san too.." yamaguchi shyly said.

"oooh, you like yachi hitoka-san? she's also in the same class as mine, right?" y/n replied as she imagined yamaguchi dating someone.

i'm sure tadashi-kun will do well as a boyfriend, she thought.

"uh, y-yeah. she's in the same class as you.. and," yamaguchi replied. "i like..her.."

y/n's eyes lit up as yamaguchi looked away, embarrassed.

tsukishima took a glance of yamaguchi and y/n, stuffing food in his mouth.

can't believe i have to deal with these two every single day, he thought, slightly smiling to himself.