chapter 16

(september 24)

four days, and i'll leave, y/n thought.

she sighed as she threw herself in her bed. she was so busy reading her favorite novel when a notification popped up in her phone.

the lamppost i hate (just now)
i'm in the m...- [click to open message]

she opened her inbox to check the message sent by tsukishima.

08:24 PM
the lamppost i hate
i'm in the mood to stop you from doing your homeworks so go to the park with me.

08:26 PM
y/n
park? with you? this late at night?

08:27 PM
the lamppost i hate
why not? if you're busy just let me know, i doubt you are though. you're probably reading your favorite book right now.

08:28 PM
the lamppost i hate
that's why i wont take no as an answer. get ready, i'll give you 30 minutes. see you.

y/n rolled her eyes at tsukishima's reply. she immediately took a quick shower, and changed her clothes right after. she wore a t-shirt tucked in her shorts, and also black rubber shoes.

while she was combing her hair in her room, her aunt called, informing her that tsukishima's already downstairs, waiting.

y/n opened the front door, revealing tsukishima who was wearing a plain grey hoodie matching with his shorts and rubber shoes, his hands were on both of the pockets of his hoodie and his headphones was on the back of his head.

tsukishima removed his right hand in the pocket of his hoodie, flicking y/n's forehead. "good evening, small idiot."

y/n rolled her eyes, rubbing her forehead before replying, "don't call me that, lamppost."

tsukishima scanned y/n's look, slightly furrowing his eyebrows which made y/n wonder that there's something wrong.

"your rubber shoes look nice," Tsukishima said.

"what? me when i can't compliment someone," y/n giggled. "that's so random, what the hell."

"you're wearing shorts? just make sure you're comfortable okay?"

"yes i'm comfortable, don't worry. plus you're with me so it's alright."
"okay that's good to know, are you good to go now?"

"yes i am, you cheesy dumbass."

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

they were walking together on the way to the park. like the usual, tsukishima and y/n gets comfortable silence from time to time, making sure one of them wont feel awkward at all. but of course, conversation between the two of them will always be there.

"so why did you suddenly want to visit the park? with me, specifically?"

"because a part of me wants to see you fail in a homework," he jokingly replied.

"sucks to be you but i already finished mine. i haven't studied for the final exams though,"
"i don't think you have to worry about that, you're already trying enough. no need to overwork all the time," tsukishima said with a straight face.

"apply that to yourself too, dumbass" y/n replied and felt her face heat up, brushing it off as soon as she could to make sure tsukishima won't notice.

"also this is very odd but for some reason, my instincts tell me i need to spend time with you until my birthday."

fuck, i almost forgot about that, y/n thought.

"yeah you're right. well i kinda like to hang around with you before your birthday."

"y/n, don't be too cheesy."
"am i?"
"yes, idiot. you are."

"what's wrong with being cheesy? you started it."
"it's annoying, y/n."
"no. YOU'RE annoying."

"no. you're annoying."
"don't fucking mimic everything i say."
"don't fucking mimic everything i say." tsukishima said, chuckling.

"i hate you."
"i hate you."

"YOU'RE THE MOST IRRITATING PERSON I KNOW,"
"you're the most irritating person i know."

y/n sighed in annoyance, thinking of something that would make tsukishima shut up.

when she thought of something, she faced him, slightly smirking.
"i love you, kei."

tsukishima stopped in his tracks, looked at y/n in the eyes, his face still wearing his usual look.

"i love you too, y/n."

of course, it'd backfire.

"W-WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK?" y/n exclaimed, her cheeks were bright red. tsukishima looked away, laughing. y/n didn't notice this, but a smile was forming in his lips.