chapter 32

after eating breakfast, tsukishima insisted on washing the dishes and asked y/n to stay at the living room and wait for him to finish his chores.

he switched off the lights and headed straight to where she was resting.

"let's make something for dessert," y/n remarked while tsukishima nodded in response, emotionless.

"you love strawberry shortcake, right?" she added, causing his eyes to lit up. "i do. let's bake one?"

"yeah sure, i never knew you'd be the one who'd come up with the idea though," y/n stifled a laugh.
"shut up," 

when the both of them agreed, they made their way to the kitchen.

tsukishima prepared the ingredients for the strawberry shortcake while y/n gathered all the materials available at their home-measuring cups, stand mixer, silicon spatula, cake pans, etc.

"do you even know how to make this?" y/n asked as she placed the measuring cups on the table.

"you think i'm clueless when it comes to baking my favorite food?" he sarcastically replied. y/n rolled her eyes and responded. "well i love cooking but i don't really bake a lot," she mumured.

"y/n, hand me the eggs and the cold cream please,"
"here you go," she replied, handing tsukishima the said stuff.

"prepare the heavy whipping cream and the strawberries as well. since you're here, i'll teach you how to bake this." he said. "but Iet me get the other ingredients first," he added, making his way to the sink to gather the ingredients.

"okay, kei. thank you!"

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

"aaand, done!" y/n grinned as she placed the last strawberry on top of the cake.

"it looks decent, not gonna lie." tsukishima remarked, folding his arms.
"let's eat it now, can we?"

"ah no, bring that to tokyo." he replied while y/n furrowed her eyebrows at him.
"huh? why?"
"have it all for yourself. i can still make one for myself so it's okay."

"sure.. thank you, kei." y/n responded.
"anytime," he sat down the sofa beside y/n. "so what now? do you wanna watch a movie?" he added.

"yep!"
"oh then let me get some pillows first, you can hug them later while watching."
"thank you, i'll wait!"

tsukishima headed upstairs while y/n continued searching for a nice movie they could watch together.

he took two pillows in his bedroom, rushed himself down the stairs and handed her the pillows. "y/n, here."

"thank you!! what movyou left something upstairs?" y/n asked but tsukishima ignored her and headed upstairs once more.

she chuckled and proceeded on fixing the pillows beside her. minutes later,  she heard tsukki's footsteps again and she immediately faced the blonde male.

"kewhat's with the guitar?" y/n asked.

"you're on the process of learning that?" she added while tsukishima just nodded in response.

he faced y/n and sat on a comfortable position, preparing himself to play.

"i've.. i've been practicing this. i like this song a lot and uh, yeah, it reminds of you," he mumbled. "and oh, i suck at this but whatever."

tsukishima, who was slightly embarrassed, took a deep breath and smiled at her, causing y/n to blush. he strummed it and deep, lovely echoing sounds danced from its strings.

he didn't take his eyes off the guitar, maybe because he wasn't familiarized with the chords that much, but could also be because he wasn't confident enough to look at her.

tsukishima looked indeed emotionless to others maybe, but y/n could see his eyes soften as he played the guitar with every ounce of his emotion.

then he started singing.

i don't wanna go alone into my bed,
can you let me use your shoulder for my head?
and you don't have to be outside
cause i don't mind,
i got room, and i got time for you
instead of being so cold,

you could stay
and we could binge watch movies night and day,
i don't want you to be 2.9 miles away.
.

y/n stared at him, amused. his voice was raspy and charming, everything that she could've ever wanted.

whenever i see you i feel like
another deer or a caribou caught in headlights,
losing my focus on my own but it's alright,
cause i can see us dancing in the moonlight.
oh i get so cold without you,
about to let you know that
i just renewed my subscription of hulu.

was he nervous? anxious? didn't seem like it. just looked like he was trying his best not to let his feelings out, but his voice said it all.

and baby, you could stay
and we could binge watch movies night and day,
i don't want you to be 2.9 miles away..

y/n smiled at him, admiring everything about him. he wanted y/n to stay.

tsukishima looked for a minute, keeping his posture before greeting her with a small smile. "today was fun," he said. "don't feel bad about moving, y/n."

"i'm sure you've been thinking about it ever since you woke uare you okay?" he looked at y/n worriedly who remained silent for a while now. 

"i'm too emotional for this, " y/n chuckled, sighed with contentment. "if i cry once i'm alone later it'll be your fault." she smiled at him, not noticing the tears slowly fall down her cheeks. 

"that's a shame," he half-whispered with a small smile visible on his lips, wiping the tears on her face, "why cry alone out there when there's a good shoulder right here with you?"