chapter 26

"it's already 8 pm, we've been studying for an hour straight! i will not answer any of your questions anymore, tsukishima kei."

"astrophysics is a branch of physics. true or false?" he asked, unbothered with what she said.

"true," y/n groaned and furrowed her eyebrows at him. "now we're do―"
"what is astrophysics?"

"the fuck?"

"that'll be the last question. so if you fail to answer that, i'll be giving you three more, akaashi y/n." tsukishima smirked, irittating her.

"you're so annoying," she glared, making tsukishima chuckle.

"astrophysics applies the laws of physics and chemistry, explaining the birth, life and death of objects in the universe," she added as tsukishima looked at her raising an eyebrow.

"can't believe this idiot's actually this smart," he said, sighing.
"then why'd you call me idiot and smart at the same time huh, are you that scared to give me complimen "

"who knows,"
"who knows my ass," y/n chuckled, making tsukishima furrow his eyebrows.

"let's take a break and eat. i'll reheat whatever food is available downstairs. wait for me here," he said as he walked towards the door of his room, waving y/n goodbye.

"i'm not going anywhere, lamppost."
"i know, shortcake."

when tsukishima left, y/n stared at her notes, analyzing every single thing but she unconsciously drifted asleep after a few minutes.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

"nii-chan, where's the leftover strawberry shortcake?" tsukishima asked as soon as he came downstairs.

"sorry kei, i ate it earlier. there's nothing left!" akiteru replied while packing his things.

"what are you doing?"
"oh i'm leaving tonight. i have some important business, i'll be back the day after tomorrow." akiteru replied with an apologetic look.

"okay, i'll check the refrigerator real quick then. be safe." tsukki said.
"sure, watch over y/n and yourself!"

akiteru left, leaving both tsukishima and y/n alone. he didn't really mind because he's used to being with y/n outside the school ever since he met hazuki.

after reheating the food he prepared for y/n, he made his way upstairs. he slowly opened the door, revealing a sleeping y/n.

y/n's face and arms were rested in the table, and she was in deep slumber which made tsukishima chuckle.

"you're such an idiot, we're supposed to hang out." he said.

tsukishima decided not wake her up. he carried y/n's body to his bed, making sure she'd sleep comfortably. he tucked her in bed before whispering a short, "goodnight, i guess.." and after that, he sighed.

instead of waking her up, he decided to kill some time and wait for her. he checked her once again, making sure she's asleep. then grabbed his guitar in his closet.

he hadn't told anyone about the fact that he's been practicing to play the guitar, and he definitely won't take the risk of letting y/n know too.. yet.

tsukishima played his favorite song as of the moment. the sound that the guitar made wasn't as beautiful, but it was enough for him and he couldn't wait to play it in front of the person who has been inspiring him for years.

"instead of being so cold, you could stay
and we could binge watch movies night and day..."