chapter 35

tsukishima furrowed his eyebrows, confused with what was happening. he slightly faced ryota and asked,
"you know each other?"

with that, y/n looked at her cousin with awe before mumbling something. "don't tell me she's..."

(several years ago)

"hey y/n, come here. i have to tell you something." ryota said as he plopped down on the sofa and patted the seat next to him, inviting y/n to sit.

"why? what's wrong?" y/n asked in concern.
"the person i admire the most... left me. well uh, kind of."

"does that mean she dated someone else before you could ask her out?" y/n asked.

"well let's just say she cheated on me.. and did something more,"

"what???" 

"yeah, i'm trying to move on, hopefully it wont hurt more than this." he mumbled, sighing.

"move on? i thought you like her? who is she anyway?" y/n simultaneously asked.
"i liked her."

y/n tilted her head, wondering what ryota just replied.
"i caught her spreading rumors about me... thrice," he said, facing y/n. "that gives me more reason not to tell you her name." he added.

"rumors?"
he nodded in response. "since then, people started avoiding me. they find me.. unusual."

after hearing his reply, y/n looked at him in awe. "o-oh, other than her you don't have any other friends left, right?" she asked.

"what do you mean? don't you know that i consider you as my best friend?" ryota replied, chuckling. "anyway don't think about this too much. thanks for listening, y/n."

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

"you're akaashi-san's relative?!" rio exclaimed.

ryota furrowed his eyebrows and responded. "why are you studying here? i thought you went abroad?"

"i decided not to ever since i met tsukishima-san!" she replied, wrapping her arms around his.

tsukishima looked at her in disgust, and harshly escaped her grasp. "ew. back off, bitch."

rio rolled her eyes and clenched her first. "you—"
"go away. we don't need someone like you here." he added.

she intensely glared at them before making her way out. when she was out of their sight, y/n stifled a laugh.

"that was so fucking cool," she cackled while patting tsukishima's back, harshly.

"so? what was the rumor about?" tsukki asked, facing Ryota.
"oh hazu is het​ero​chro​mat​ic. didn't i inform you about that before?" y/n replied.

"no, you didn't," he said, glancing at ryota's eyes. "but it's both... grey." tsukishima added.

he chuckled in response. "i'm wearing contacts. i started using them ever since my classmates knew about it." he replied, looking at tsukishima. "akami told them i have a more than what was going on and yeah.. even though it's not true, no one talked to me since then."

"oh..."
"here, look," y/n stated, showing her phone to tsukki.

it was a picture of y/n and hazuki when they were twelve and it was the most recent picture that reveals the color of his eyes.
ryota's right eye was grey while the left one was teal blue.

"i actually find it cool." tsukishima mumbled, staring at the picture.

ryota looked at him, showing him a small smile. "thanks... i appreciate it."

"but hey y/n, you look dumb here." he added, making y/n glare at him.

"well then, i'm off. i have to fix our things and i need to cook dinner as well. if you like to, you're welcome to eat with us," ryota said, facing tsukishima.

"thanks. will do." he replied.
"see you later, hazu." y/n exclaimed.

ryota made his way to their car, leaving y/n and tsukishima.

"so..."
"so what?" tsukishima asked, raising an eyebrow.
"no idea," y/n replied.

tsukishima stifled a laugh and looked at her, a small smile was visible on his lips. "come. i'll show you something." he said, grabbing y/n's hand.