chapter 27

10:03 PM

tsukishima was using his phone when he noticed that his bed made some noise. he glaced at y/n and noticed that she's already awake, she sat up and furrowed her eyebrows as soon as she saw ysukki.

"why... the hell am i here?" y/n yawned, slightly confused.
"you accidentally fell asleep and i didn't wanna wake you up." he replied, raising an eyebrow.

"oh anyway, how―"
"YOU'RE PUTTING WEIGHT ON SHIMA," tsukishima rolled his eyes, grabbing his plushie and examining the toy, making sure it wasn't damaged.

"YOU sleep with your dinosaur plushie? i thought you only collect them," y/n chuckled.
"shut u―"
"and oh wait, you called it shima?" y/n remarked, smirking and trying her best not to stifle a laugh.

"i'm too lazy to think of a name, shut up." he glared at y/n.
"not you being too soft," y/n laughed which made tsukishima's ears slighty red but y/n didn't notice.

"sooo what time is it right now?" y/n added, standing up to get her phone in her bag.
"past ten."
"THE FUCK? no way," y/n stared at him, unable to say anything else.

"is it too late for you? don't worry i'll walk you home,"
"no no that's not what i meant, keiji knew that i'd spend the whole night with you." y/n replied.

"what? the whole night? what are you trying to imply―"

"can we take a stroll? maybe 'til 12 am or something? sorry for the selfish request.." y/n softly said.

tsukishima's eyes slightly widened but softened before he replied to her.
"sure, since you suggested that, why don't we spend the whole day together tomorrow? do you have anything to do or what?"

"no i'm free, but shouldn't you be spending your birthday with tadashi-kun? or your family?" she asked, concerned.

he scratched the back of his head. "mom told me we'll celebrate next week. we'll go to hyogo," tsukishima replied.

"yamaguchi told me earlier that he's not available tomorrow. i wonder why though..." he added.

y/n nodded in response. "okay! i can't believe this.." she chuckled, making tsukishima frown.

"actually nevermind, i'd rather be alone." he glared as y/n laughed.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

11:20 PM

"where are we specifically going?" tsukishima asked, unaware of what was happening.

"you'll see," y/n replied as she continuously glanced at her phone.

"and why did you bring that paper bag? what's inside?" he added.

"my things. stop asking questions, you're so annoying." y/n said.
"excuse me? what the fu―"
"okay, let's sit there!" she pointed on a bench.

and so they did.
they sat quietly, observing the surroundings.

the stars in the sky shined as if tsukishima and y/n were the only ones around. it wasn't cloudy, there wasn't anything that could prevent the moon from shining in the night sky.

the soft breeze felt by the both of them made them realize how cold the night was. the wind sang through the trees, making loose leaves dance.

it was beautiful.

despite the cold air, the two of them could feel the warmth of each other.

tsukishima thought it was romantic. For him, it was blissful. no hint of sadness only joy. he stared at the sky, not noticing how y/n looked at him in amusement.

"hey y/n, this is really nice."