chapter 24

by the way, is tsukishima your favorite character in hq?

mine are actually akaashi, and osamu, but ofc i love all of them!!

anyway, here's the update!

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

3:30 PM

"i think my stomach will explode any minute now." y/n sweatdropped.

"you really love eating, don't you, y/n?" yamaguchi looked at her.

"food is essential." she replied.

"we know that already," tsukishima spoke up, taking out his phone from his pocket. "oh, it's 3:34 pm already."

y/n looked at tsukishima. "it's not 4 yet so what do you say about going to an arcade?"

"sounds good to me." yamaguchi replied.
"i don't mind tagging along." tsukki said.

and so they did.

the whole time they were together was full of laughter and joy. it felt like the first time they spent the day together like this and y/n, of course thought it was fun.

she was happy. she only felt thankful and delighted as the time passed by. never once she regretted spending the day with her best friends.

tsukishima was also happy but of course, y/n and yamaguchi couldn't tell. he didn't really find it unusual for y/n to ask them out to watch a movie and bond with them.
all he knew was that this was one of the best days of his life.

on the other hand, yamaguchi was sad. he was well aware about what will happen tomorrow. he tried his best to stay happy, but he certainly did not like y/n to leave nor this day to end.

4:49 PM

"we got carried away. it's almost 5 pm!" y/n laughed.

"it's your fault, idiot. you can't just get thousands of tickets within an hour." tsukishima said.

"shut up," y/n glared at tsukishima. "well, i guess we're good."

"oh wait, let me go to the bathroom first." tsukishima said as he walked away from them.

"okay!"

there was silence, but y/n decided to speak up.

"i'll definitely miss the both of you."

yamaguchi looked at her, slightly smiling. "well yeah, me too. but i'm sure you'll be back soon. we can wait!" he exclaimed.

y/n nodded her head in response. "we can talk to each other through chats and phone calls. i'll keep in touch."

yamaguchi looked at y/n's (e/c) eyes and gave her a warm smile.

"take care, y/n."

"oh, tsukki's back!" yamaguchi exclaimed, pointing at tsukishima.

"i'm back. guess we'll go home now, right?" tsukishima asked y/n.

"yeah, see you soon tadashi-kun! bye!!" y/n exclaimed, waving her left arm while yamaguchi waved back.

"see you soon, y/n!!" yamaguchi replied. "soon.." he whispered to himself.

and with that, tsukishima and y/n was left all alone.

"soon? anyway, let's go." tsukishima said, making y/n look at him in wonder. "idiot, we're headed in the same direction."

"oh you're right, but i'll meet up with you around 7 pm. take note that i still have to prepare my textbooks and other stuff," she replied.

"sure,"
"wait, today's saturday. are you sure the school library is open?" y/n asked.

"bold of you to assume that you'll study on a place like that."

"then where are we studying?"
"at my house. do you mind?"

y/n chuckled, already knowing he'd suggest that.

"no, not really. i don't mind."